• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It could mean that or it could be that they need to have the ride restriction info at what ever the current entrance is so that people know if they can ride or not (not everyone refers to the app for these things). Having the ride signage at the current entrance makes it easier for people to find the entrance as well.

First non weekend visit upcoming on Tuesday. No kids just two adults. Need to decide smiler or Rita first then off to galatica. Will be second visit this year hoping for a 3 lap special on choo choo. Anybody else done a midweek visit yet this year?

First non weekend visit upcoming on Tuesday. No kids just two adults. Need to decide smiler or Rita first then off to galatica. Will be second visit this year hoping for a 3 lap special on choo choo. Anybody else done a midweek visit yet this year?

I'm due in on Wednesday. I am expecting it and hoping it to be quiet.

Done a few yes. Been very quiet on the weekdays whenever I've been. Got 15+ rides on each visit. Make the most of those low queues

Last edited:
Will be very quiet I went today for the 6th time this month no ques at all really wickerman was having problems today but other than that all good

It is always funny when the park is quiet generally all rides open on time and never seem to go down.

I was on park yesterday as other than wicker man opening late (according to the app anyway) and spinball going down for a bit, everything else seems fine all day. Managed to do everything worth doing at least once, with a few rides twice.

Is the Alton Towers website down for anyone else? Trying to pre-book passholder entry however it isn’t loading at all

Chessington was up when I tried just now, Alton towers still down.

Edit: all seems to be ok now at 09:22

Last edited:
Not going to dive into a full-scale trip report, but today was certainly one of the better days at the park.

Positives

- Ride operations overall fantastic. A few blips here and there, but forgivable given the attempts to rectify this. Smiler, Rita and Wickerman particularly noteable.
- Consistency of service within Woodcutters. All three of us ordered at the same time - drinks were brought within three minutes and food in under 30, all at the same time (sides were forgotten but quickly brought out when asked).
- Full ents line up in Gloomy Wood even though Alty Mans was almost walk on entirely all day. The queue for the confectionary stand however was quite long.
- All effects on Alty Mans working, both times.
- General tidiness. No overflowing bins even at the end of the day.
- Good ride count even without trying.
- Monorail open at the start of the day (we skipped so we could geek at the Nemesis track).

Negatives
- Bland steak in Woodcutters. Not up the usual standard and as always, bit of a roulette wheel. Also underdone, which is a first as I normally expect it to be cook over.
- MoJ stage entertainment in X Sector. I'm sure the chap is lovely, but my god was the singing and attempts to interact with the crowd lousy.
- Skyride absence still very much felt.
- Toilet cleanliness. Burger Kitchen by the Dark Forest and under the Forbidden Valley Skyride station in particular. There is mold in the latter.
- Long queue in the Welcom Inn due to one staff member serving.
- Rita's batching. Usual issues with RAP and Fastrack as per.

Given the negatives weren't offensively detrimental to the visit, the lovely weather for the most part, and managing to catch the F1 with a pint in the Welcome Inn, a great day overall.

Last edited:
I was very scathing of Towers a couple of Saturday’s ago, and rightly so. Today however was so much better, the improvement in operations especially is quite dramatic. Staff on all the coasters were all making a real effort to dispatch trains in a good time.

Issues with the state of the park are longer term issues that are going to take more time to rectify. But today showed that when they do get it right, Towers is still a great day out.

The less said about Festival of Thrills though the better, it’s a complete non-event. All it seems to have done is encourage even more people than usual to come to the park dressed as The Smiler, which I find cringey as hell.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.