• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
With all due respect, I won't be surprised if it is left in the state that it is in is that they are waiting to give Forbidden Valley its makeover during the closed season to get ready for the following season looking all good as what we saw with Oblivion when Smiler opened; if it is just a clean up or an actual retheme for something Phalanx related is anyone's guess.
Yep let’s hope so. It was the stand out attraction today which really looked in a sorry state. Vinyls are peeling off, maintenance lights were being used because the the white-to-blue dispatch lights were mostly off and had bulbs blown, the soundtrack wasn’t at all loud enough throughout the ride and the air gate signs had most of their vinyls missing too.

Just seen on the website that ticket prices have been reduced. Original cheapest price was £36 now £31. Most peak days have also changed from £44 to £39

£31? I can't find any dates less than £34.
Looking at their calendar I'm now wondering why 17th-20th July are £49?
Looks like they've changed it again. There were some off peak days in September and october that said £31 but they're £34 now. Off peak days this month have changed from £34 to £36 too
Edit: I saw those prices on the app and they differ to the ones on the website so not sure what that's about

Looks like they've changed it again. There were some off peak days in September and october that said £31 but they're £34 now. Off peak days this month have changed from £34 to £36 too
Edit: I saw those prices on the app and they differ to the ones on the website so not sure what that's about
Merlin's systems make me laugh and cry all at the same time

Just finished my day At Alton Towers.

The rapids seem to be a little more intense than previously. Unfortunately no Warerfalls, but did notice a very familiar looking being near the beginning taking a shower.

20230621_151432.jpg

Th13teens operations were phenomenal! Really high throughput today. Forgot how good the theming in the station is. Was lucky to see the tesla in action. Gave me a good jump!

Oblivion was still fantastic as usual. I probably had my worst ride on smiler Today. I was thrown everywhere in those whippy transitions, and very rattly inversions.

I also did Gangsta Granny since it was walk on. Not a fan of the screens and static props, but the indoor queue and smell pods are still great personally.

I tried to do Sub-Terra, though it was very unreliable today, so didn't get the chance to go in.

Alton Manor was walk on all day, so did a lot of rides on that and noticed a lot of details. I'll let you know what I noticed in its Thread.

Had a really good ride on Spinball whizzer, shame they haven't given it any new paint, but at least we got some of the mini games in the queue working and the counting mechanism on the logo as well, to add to that, the weather was great as well!!

All in all, a really nice day!

I’ve just had an email from Ruth Kaniude,
Business Analyst,
Merlin Technology Project Team

Offering me £40 Amazon vouchers for taking part in a 1 hour interview over teams or zoom after my visit to the park in July to see how I used the mobile app and how it could be improved. They also want to discuss how my day went.

Anyone know if this is legit? The email address looks correct

Business Analyst,

Offering me £40 Amazon vouchers for taking part in a 1 hour interview over teams or zoom after my visit to the park in July to see how I used the mobile app and how it could be improved. They also want to discuss how my day went.

It's most likely legit - have just googled "Ruth Kaniude LinkedIn" and she is the first result the search returns. It also has her down as a Business Analyst for Merlin Entertainments.

Business Analyst,

£40 to talk about Alton towers for an hour, sign me up!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.