• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Is Duels drawing room a pre show or not?

Will this subject be the new "I hope they restore most of the Haunted House theming/I want to see much of the Haunted House stuff kept/personally I'd like to see (insert individual Haunted House prop description here) kept/John Wardley is working on it so he must be ensuring it's going to be just like the original Haunted House/the skip went away without the screaming heads sticking out of the top of it, so they must be keeping most of the original Haunted House stuff"?

I guess we'll find out in the next 2000 posts!

Well, according to this article in a trade magazine, the ride will be receiving a 'new steering system' from Mack Rides 👍
I can't believe there has been 16 posts all discussing the merits of pre-shows after this one ^^ Probably the one recent post that tells us something about what they're apparently doing inside the building from a tech/ride system point of view and no-one has commented on it!

Well, according to this article in a trade magazine, the ride will be receiving a 'new steering system' from Mack Rides 👍
I can't believe there has been 16 posts all discussing the merits of pre-shows after this one ^^ Probably the one recent post that tells us something about what they're apparently doing inside the building from a tech/ride system point of view and no-one has commented on it!
I do wonder if this is something lost in translation as it's on a German website. "New steering system" could be referring to a refurbishment of the car drive systems, for instance. Still, it's good to hear there is more than just thematic changes afoot.

Post above beat me to it but I agree. Sounds more like getting Mack on board to renovate and maybe change a few sequences to allow for new scenes/theming.

Good spot!

My suspicion is that this is more likely to be referring to a new computer system or perhaps some new cars rather than a new ground-up ride system.

There has never been any inference that the actual ride system or track layout are being changed, and given the timeframe, I’d be surprised if that was the case.

I am glad that the ride system is getting upgraded, though. It seemed to almost creak around the corners when I last rode it as Duel, and definitely seemed like it would benefit from some work.

Last edited:
Oh dear, I don't think I've ever posted anything constructive or sensible anywhere on this forum. Guess this thread isn't for me...
Me neither, on that thought though I'm not sure why they need to invest on state of the art effects and props for Alton Manor when they could just lead the queue line to a HB Leisure games booth, parents with impressionable children will be clenching their wallets in terror.

On a real note I'm so excited for this project, I loved duel but watching videos of it back makes me realize using the blasters really made me miss quite a lot of details as I was focused on hitting the targets and having a laugh.

Edit: Just realized I was on page 1 of 100 (oops) my point still stands though

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.