• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It's a fan favourite scene of mine in any dark ride, heck, look at my profile picture, how else do you think I would react when I see that some of it would survive, ha!
Problem is, we don't know if anything will survive, and we won't know untill it opens. I don't think much, if any, of Duel will remain. This is looking like a major clear-out-and-start-fresh change.

It's probably been said but the only scenes with value worth keeping/improving in my mind are the grand hall and garden. Maybe improve the giant spider idea in some form or other.

But as long as anything removed is replaced with something better. Overall the experience is bound to be "better" but some great craftsmanship went into the garden.

The rest is pretty much already gone or ripe for replacing.

It's probably been said but the only scenes with value worth keeping/improving in my mind are the grand hall and garden.
Sadly, I'm pretty sure that the garden has gone. The grand hall, on the other hand, wouldn't surprise me if it stayed.

How do you know?
The props from it were seen in the queue for The Invitation during last year’s Scarefest, so I’d say that it’s fair to assume that that scene probably isn’t returning. Once props have been exposed to the elements for a month, they’re unlikely to be any good for reuse within a dark ride setting.

To be honest, I’d struggle to think of many parts of the old HH/Duel that would fit with what is seemingly their new vision for the ride… I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if we saw no previous scenes return.

The props from it were seen in the queue for The Invitation during last year’s Scarefest, so I’d say that it’s fair to assume that that scene probably isn’t returning. Once props have been exposed to the elements for a month, they’re unlikely to be any good for reuse within a dark ride setting.

To be honest, I’d struggle to think of many parts of the old HH/Duel that would fit with what is seemingly their new vision for the ride… I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if we saw no previous scenes return.
A couple of set pieces were seen yes. It's a massive scene.

Emily’s doll house, the hocking horse. There’s two before you get into the ride.

I'm hoping they've completely gutted it, as I'd personally love to see what they'd do with the space from scratch.

On a similar note, something a friend once mentioned that would be interesting to see change - both Duel and HH suddenly switched from Tudor House style, then to Gothic Castle. I hadn't noticed it myself but it is odd how they suddenly changed aesthetics - wonder if that'll stay the same here.

Was it even a couple of bits from the garden? I thought it was just the gazebo of death from that scene, plus one of the columns used to hide the zombie mechanics in the Hall of Spiders.
Yes pretty much, we really haven't seen anything to suggest any scene has been completely removed in it's entirety

How do you know?
As mentioned below, some props were found in the Invitation queue line.
However, it is a large scene so it may not have been completely gutted, but I don't see how a garden would fit a doll theme.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.