• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Duel was so bad, I couldn't care less what carries over and what doesn't and I certainly don't give a damn about any sort of "canon" for the "story". As far as I'm concerned, they can rip the whole thing out and start again.

But I do like the idea of this theme. Any Thoosie nods are a bonus to some but not essential to the GP. Sounds creepy and interesting and I like the way they're going with this so far. 2023 is looks like a pretty lame season for Towers so far, so I hope this is good enough to justify a visit.

The fact that a floor in a promotional video is in no way confirmation that the Grand Hall will still be the same scene, and it is no way in fact confirmation that most of the scenes won't have changed. Of course, it's not the opposite either, but I genuinely think seeing a 20 second clip and running 500 miles with it is somewhat extreme.

EDIT: make that a 10 second clip. Another example I've seen this is evening is people being convinced that the ride open in 30 days because she's counting down from 30, even though 30 days from now is the 12th March, the second Blue Light day. Not going to open before the main season.

The fact that a floor in a promotional video is in no way confirmation that the Grand Hall will still be the same scene, and it is no way in fact confirmation that most of the scenes won't have changed. Of course, it's not the opposite either, but I genuinely think seeing a 20 second clip and running 500 miles with it is somewhat extreme.
Maybe, but they could have used any flooring in the world other than one that was or is in the ride

EDIT: make that a 10 second clip. Another example I've seen this is evening is people being convinced that the ride open in 30 days because she's counting down from 30, even though 30 days from now is the 12th March, the second Blue Light day. Not going to open before the main season.
Would suit me, I’m going on the second day.

It’s not concrete evidence at all, interesting they appear to have filmed it inside the ride at all considering it would have been a building site for the past 5-6 months or so.

I see your point, but it could also just be the flooring staying the same and nothing else.
Yes probably looking into it too much now, but then you have to ask yourself what kind of room that flooring would really "fit" into. I would predict that of the floor remains the scene is unlikely to be vastly different,

Yeah still very much a fan of this. Marketing spot on.

Only slight concern creeping in is the fear of them potentially overplaying the 'Hide n Seek' element throughout the ride. Don't mind if it's incorporated but I hope it's not the recurring theme of the attraction and you follow her around the house and try to spot her. That would be pretty lackluster.

Maybe, but they could have used any flooring in the world other than one that was or is in the ride

Even if they massively changed the theme of the ride there is no reason to retheme the floor as no normal rider would notice or care.

Clearly they filmed this in the ride building, which makes sense. Fact is they could have filmed it last year before they did any work and the change in wall aesthetic is just lighting.

Basically the video gives no real indication of what is happening inside the building.

Even if they massively changed the theme of the ride there is no reason to retheme the floor as no normal rider would notice or care.

Clearly they filmed this in the ride building, which makes sense. Fact is they could have filmed it last year before they did any work and the change in wall aesthetic is just lighting.

Basically the video gives no real indication of what is happening inside the building.
But there is a change, look at the wall behind the girl, it's obviously been repainted from its Duel form. It doesn't have that painted decor on the wall anymore. It's just a single all together now. You're right though, there is no proper indication of what's happening inside. All we know, that this was either filmed when the scene was in the process of being redone, or it was already completed for this season.

But there is a change, look at the wall behind the girl, it's obviously been repainted from its Duel form. It doesn't have that painted decor on the wall anymore. It's just a single all together now. You're right though, there is no proper indication of what's happening inside. All we know, that this was either filmed when the scene was in the process of being redone, or it was already completed for this season.
Or it was just filmed elsewhere?

Or it was just filmed elsewhere?
At first you'd think it was, but if you look closely, you can see the track underneath her and the twisted chequer floor, that and the mirror which was also present throughout the scenes life as the HH and Duel. Even if you look closely on the edge of the video, you'll find the columns there at the beginning as well.

Could they have edited the video, perhaps?

I wouldn't read too much into that teaser myself. I could be wrong, but I'm still reckoning that very little of the previous scenery will remain when the ride reopens.

Yeah still very much a fan of this. Marketing spot on.

Only slight concern creeping in is the fear of them potentially overplaying the 'Hide n Seek' element throughout the ride. Don't mind if it's incorporated but I hope it's not the recurring theme of the attraction and you follow her around the house and try to spot her. That would be pretty lackluster.

I'd have thought if they did go this route, it would be the other way round. She'd appear around the house in different scenes with her eyes covered slowly counting down while you as the rider try to hide/escape before she gets to zero... But now I'm wildly speculating, I have nothing to base that on.

I can see the girl being projected around the house - a bit like the phantom on the updated i Corsari at Gardaland. If so, I don’t think it’ll really ruin the experience; it’ll just be a good way of getting a ghost to appear out of nowhere (as long as it’s done effectively!).

So it could be one inconsequential thing, or it could be a different inconsequential thing

Obviously the reason for that video background was to show she's in the house.

If you're excited about a wall that you travel past for 2 seconds possibly being repainted (to have less detail?), you're gonna blow your mind when the ride is probably totally transformed this year

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.