• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Actual confirmation of the Emily Alton storyline there as well.

It was winding me up so much how many were stating rumour as fact. Even if I was wrong in the end just annoyed the hell out of me.

Also projection mapping is fantastic. If used well. Wickerman's is decent enough.
Wickerman’s projection mapping is terrible. Partially as you can get too close to it.

Reserving judgment. If it is used sparingly it may be OK. I echo the thoughts of Phantom Manor where this is done extremely well.

Interesting comments regarding the Trommel, didn’t think they would have had enough time to resolve that “issue”.

Just thinking back, quite some time ago several people on here were talking about the ride being rethemed in to a journey in to a dolls house. Where exactly did those rumours come from, was it just a guess by members on here or was it something that came from a suggestion or rumour/leak from elsewhere?

Just thinking back, quite some time ago several people on here were talking about the ride being rethemed in to a journey in to a dolls house. Where exactly did those rumours come from, was it just a guess by members on here or was it something that came from a suggestion or rumour/leak from elsewhere?
Think it was from a Thorpe Park fansite if I'm correct. Someone can correct me.

I personally don't get a sense of immersion or enjoyment from screen or projections, no matter how well done they are. When I see physical sets and moving props, I feel encapsulated and immersed, like I'm not in a warehouse. Projections or screens just aren't my taste sorry.

God knows how you would have felt if the pitch for Duel to become a Ghostbusters screen based ride had got off the ground…

It’s nice to see marketing make the effort they are and the pop up house is…interesting.

Trommel will become the portal to the oversized world of Emily’s twisted house.

Let’s hope the projection mapping is done how it is intended to be done (and good maintenance of this ride is continues after it’s first season…)

It’s Great too see this ride is going to have a fantastic well thought out backstory, Something it’s always lacked. Which will definitely help with the the feeling of being immersed into the manor! I honestly love everything so far. It’s nice there blending a few things from the previous haunted house (for the die hard fans) with the new, either way it’s a proper haunted house again. A fantasy for many, including myself to experience in theme parks and fairgrounds, with not many being around unfortunately. I’m very excited and have absolutely no problems with projections and screens! It’s clear there will be lots of props too and possibly moving dolls

I would love to see the “Giant” return or something similar and the spiders. From what I’ve seen this will be the case! Love everyone’s ideas on how the trommel will be used to connect the story.

This is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s Great too see this ride is going to have a fantastic well thought out backstory, Something it’s always lacked. Which will definitely help with the the feeling of being immersed into the manor! I honestly love everything so far. It’s nice there blending a few things from the previous haunted house (for the die hard fans) with the new. Either way it’s a proper haunted house again. A fantasy for many people to experience in theme parks and fairgrounds, with not many being around! I’m very excited and have absolutely no problems with projections and screens! It’s clear there will be lost or props too and moving dolls.

I would love to see the “Giant” return of something similar form and the spiders. From what I’ve seen this will be the case! Love everyone’s ideas on how the trommel will be used to connect the story.

This is great!

Would love to see the Giant return. There's been a few thoughts that the giants lair could be brought back if Emily is the giant now since we've shrunken and she's trying to get you in the house!

Would love to see the Giant return. There's been a few thoughts that the giants lair could be brought back if Emily is the giant now since we've shrunken and she's trying to get you in the house!

That would be just as good Emily looking through and crashing her hands fingers through the windows, Beats the zombies!

I’m guessing like “gangster granny” there be past references to duel/haunted house in the Que line too. I feel there accommodating for everyone here and no IP!!!

Yet we’re British so we’re still pick fault on the day

I wouldn't think so, the duck was IIRC made of a thick plastic/fiberglass material that gives it pretty strong durability and assuming it is still in that Flume tunnel after all these years it would have been well protected in which all they'd have to do is wipe clear anything on it and it's good as new and maybe tweak it cosmetically for any changes needed.

That is true, but when you look back in the locked Duel thread, I believe it was me who first joked about bringing the duck back for the refurb and since then it somewhat caught wind in which outside of TS I've noticed others starting the suggest the same thing.

Assuming many at MMM have grown up with the park and know of its history, perhaps someone did suggest putting the duck in for good use and let's face, this wouldn't be the first time a park has reused an old animatronic from a closed ride and put somewhere else, Disney have always done this at their parks. Perhaps it is a crazy coincidence that maybe what I joked about was actually something that was planned with MMM as a fun Easter egg joke from the start?

God, this is about a Haunted House and now all we can talk about is the Demon Duck making a comeback!
I should have specified, sorry. I meant to say what if the broken look is intentional to make them look creepier.

Sent from my SM-A516B using Tapatalk

The more I hear about this ride, the more I think it sounds like it could be absolutely brilliant!

I feel that projection mapping could facilitate some absolutely superb effects within the ride, it sounds as though the ride will integrate a deeper narrative and backstory than the previous iterations, and the whole aesthetic and style of the ride looks absolutely brilliant!

Who knows how it will ride, but colour me excited for sure; I think this could be an absolutely superb ride!

I’m also very glad to have an 18th March opening confirmed; I’m going on the 25th and 26th, so I’ll be able to get on it very soon after it opens!

Everything sounds so positive with this, and I really hope it is. I just hope it's not a case of great marketing and a poor experience. I'm sure it won't be, and I'm not suggesting it will be, but we know how things have gone in the past.

The teasers they started putting up last year at the exit to Duel I believe all started making references to Emily taking over the house.

The more I hear about this ride, the more I think it sounds like it could be absolutely brilliant!

I feel that projection mapping could facilitate some absolutely superb effects within the ride, it sounds as though the ride will integrate a deeper narrative and backstory than the previous iterations, and the whole aesthetic and style of the ride looks absolutely brilliant!

Who knows how it will ride, but colour me excited for sure; I think this could be an absolutely superb ride!

I’m also very glad to have an 18th March opening confirmed; I’m going on the 25th and 26th, so I’ll be able to get on it very soon after it opens!
My sentiments exactly! Duel was fun, but was in a dire need of a re-theme and re fresh, and the more that comes out about the new ride, the better it seems to sound!

Sent from my 2201116SG using Tapatalk

The teasers they started putting up last year at the exit to Duel I believe all started making references to Emily taking over the house.

Exactly what MattyH says. The marketing for the new story has pretty much been on point so far. Everything from the day they announced Duel was closing has pointed directly at the storyline we are now getting.

The moment "This is my house" appeared on that white board, people started talking an Emily Alton storyline for the retheme, and she's lived in a dolls house for the past 30 years.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.