• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: The Curse at Alton Manor

From what was said at the dollhouse at Canary Wharf, there is no media preview evening for the actual ride. There will inevitably be the staff event, but don't expect any unembargoed reviews to appear in the national press tomorrow or Saturday morning.

Considering how much this has been built up, if the Flume Duck is not somewhere in TCAAM, then I will be a little disappointed!
I'll be scared to death if it is in which given the blatant duck we saw at the preview event, I'm 90% the duck will be on the ride either as some reference like the other hundreds of Easter eggs (was there any for the Flume did anyone notice) or the actually giant monster itself at some point.

I'll be scared to death if it is in which given the blatant duck we saw at the preview event, I'm 90% the duck will be on the ride either as some reference like the other hundreds of Easter eggs (was there any for the Flume did anyone notice) or the actually giant monster itself at some point.
Didn't the giant duck get moved from its previous home in February? Also, couldn't said terrifying duck fit where the bed was in Electric Bill's Skeleton Corridor?

Didn't the giant duck get moved from its previous home in February? Also, couldn't said terrifying duck fit where the bed was in Electric Bill's Skeleton Corridor?
If the swamp sequence was still there it could have ended up going there which would have been a little wink over the lost Loch Ness monster animatronic that was removed shortly before opening as it couldn't work. I bet there are many more Easter eggs yet to be seen on the ride which we won't know about until opening day. Some have said if there is a giant bathroom sequence then the duck could likely fit in there without further trouble though given how the whole ride seems to have toys scattered all over the place, the duck might be anywhere as the whole ride will look very different than what we've seen before other than perhaps the dinning room from what I can see.

There's also something over the ride's entrance on the app's map too. Unfortunately don't have a photographic memory of the last time I used the app to remember if it was there then too.
That definitely wasn't there before, and they've added the entire extended queue as well (plus the RAP ramp too, but not the Fastrack steps)!

Out of interest, when are we going to be able to post about TCAAM's ride experience without using the spoiler tag? Next year?

We'll leave things in place for opening weekend and the weekend after that. After that then people will just need to avoid the topic.
That works with me im going on the second Sunday of opening and Monday too because staying in towers accomdation.

The marketing campaign for this ride is bigger than I was expecting it's been all over billboards, buses, TV, street art and the promotion has been good albeit giving a little bit too much away for my liking however they have to sell it to the public.

I'm seriously excited now we've got a good few years ahead of us in the UK and I'm liking it already.

It’s crazy how much marketing hype this attraction getting, when considering it’s essentially a re-theme. Chessington is a whole new area and a new major roller coaster for the park. Am I right in assuming it is down to AT in a more difficult location, so they have to advertise a lot more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk