• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: The Curse at Alton Manor

Just as a note for anyone who has not seen the video but saw the spoiler pictures the other day, one of the scenes was in the video, and I can confirm it is much darker (lighting wise) than on the pictures. Doesn't look like the system has been slowed down at all though. Some bits of theming do look a little cheap I'll admit, but I'll reserve full judgement.
When John Burton is talking at around the 1 minute mark, the house price is listed as £1,992,000, a nice nod to the original opening date of 1992!

Doom & Sons getting referenced so prominently is excellent. Explains the name of the food outlet too. I'll skip the judgement on the lighting until I've been on it as it's obviously, as was the case with the photos, got to look good on TV. POVs of dark rides always look god awful.

If you are riding soon then I'd stay away from that video, it spoils some large scenes and new effects
Yeah I'm going on the 26th so the video will be quite fresh in my head going in and wanting most of it to be a surprise, from the photos they've shown I haven't found that too spoil much but if they're showing full scenes with the effects then probably best stay clear.

I've just watched it and to be honest I don't think too much is revealed. Yes a couple of effects here and there but with a white light shining in the presenters face as he was riding it, it just looked like one of those irritating "official" scare maze POVs you see from various Thorpe park vloggers every Halloween - you can't get any idea as to how scary or atmospheric it is when it's floodlit in white light and the presenter is faking being scared!

Having said all that, if you really want to go into it blind, don't watch it!