• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: The Curse at Alton Manor

The Fan Service at Alton Manor.

I can't help but feel this is somewhat negative in a wider view. Goons love good quality rides and would happily re-ride anything that doesn't end up being spot the reference so seems very unnecessaryand nudge nudge for me.

Essentially end up with people doing that Leo DiCaprio meme from Once Upon a Time in Hollywood constantly.

So that vid would looks to confirm that Electric Bill is a goner. Everything suggests the corridor of mirrors has replaced the ghost/skeleton corridor, and all those portraits in the background would be Bill's old spot.

It does look like the Gloomy Garden has survived though in some form, seemingly complete with the gazebo, which looks to be where Emily is swinging.

So that vid would looks to confirm that Electric Bill is a goner. Everything suggests the corridor of mirrors has replaced the ghost/skeleton corridor, and all those portraits in the background would be Bill's old spot.

It does look like the Gloomy Garden has survived though in some form, seemingly complete with the gazebo, which looks to be where Emily is swinging.
great, electric bill was always probablyone of my least favourite scenes in duel. I'm so happy that it seems the sinister garden has survived, I'm a bit surprised that the grim reapers roof structure is being used since that was in the outdoor queue of last years scaremaze. I wonder if the screaming heads have survived by any chance?

Well then, I am stunned...this is my reaction for one certain monster in the ride
Oh My God Omg GIF by WWE

THAT BLOODY DUCK IS BACK!!! God damn, I cannot believe it, something that I joke about nearly a year ago is back, this can't be a coincidence? Did my joke inspire to bring that damn thing back?! Plus, anyone notice it has one of its eye looking lopsided or is that just me? But yeah...It has arisen from its grave and if I'm resposible for giving MMM the idea for bringing back from its grave, I'm sorry for that...But yeah, everyone will be Gangsta (Granny) to ride Curse At Alton Manor until they find out the duck is on it.

But for the good things I like, like the call back to Doom and Sons, nice call back from the past and I wonder what the outside queue line will have but this surely has the most Easter Eggs I've seen for any Alton Towers or Merlin ride for that matter as far as I'm aware.
Just need that Meme someone did back that some of you will remember what though...

Thank you for that! I think I know about a certain new resident in TCAAM now judging from that.

Im So Excited GIF by America's Got Talent's Got Talent
No, you're not suppose to thank me you fool what what horrors I've unleashed for a new generation...my poor nieces who were terrified of a rundown Duel are going to share my trauma soon enough! :eek:

But yeah, there is probably no need for spoilers of who this is given how 90% of TS users will know who exactly it is I'm talking about...but I have to wonder about the poor sods who had to go deep into the woods to collect it from its hidden bunker, ugh!

No, you're not suppose to thank me you fool what what horrors I've unleashed for a new generation...my poor nieces who were terrified of a rundown Duel are going to share my trauma soon enough! :eek:

But yeah, there is probably no need for spoilers of who this is given how 90% of TS users will know who exactly it is I'm talking about...but I have to wonder about the poor sods who had to go deep into the woods to collect it from its hidden bunker, ugh!
Let's be honest, we always knew that duck was destined to be in a horror setting.

Sent from my SM-A516B using Tapatalk

From: https://twitter.com/ITVCentral/status/1636797567299092490?t=PahyZVxdLt7JPoUGfEl38w&s=19

ITV has released some footage of the ride, but the most interesting part for me was if you listen at the very last bit, turn your volume up to max. Is it me or do I hear a very faint but familiar scream in the background?
*Ahem*
20230314_092127.jpg
Probably just me.

it looks like that bloody duck has been resurrected afterall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

From: https://twitter.com/ITVCentral/status/1636797567299092490?t=PahyZVxdLt7JPoUGfEl38w&s=19

ITV has released some footage of the ride, but the most interesting part for me was if you listen at the very last bit, turn your volume up to max. Is it me or do I hear a very faint but familiar scream in the background?
*Ahem*
20230314_092127.jpg
Probably just me.

you can hear in that itv video part of the ride soundtrack sounds a bit like the graham smart giant soundtrack remastered which is nice!

Really bizarre how AT or Merlin or whoever listen to fans regarding a duck from a ride gone about eight years ago, yet completely ignore about 4-5 years of begging for flat rides :joycat:. Reading through some of the posts it seems like quite a bit of the original ride remains so should keep the older generation happy and the new lot get their projections. Looks like a win all round