• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: The Curse at Alton Manor

I had planned on avoiding spoilers until I saw the attraction myself, alas. Social media has ruined that so back to the forums!

Whilst I'm partly impressed, I'm still very sceptical of this, the scenes we have been shown seem very cardboard cut out at the moment, I'm really hoping to see some animatronics and some other effects or this could be a very wasted opportunity, I hope I am wrong and that the rest of the potential surprises are kept away from socials.

I had planned on avoiding spoilers until I saw the attraction myself, alas. Social media has ruined that so back to the forums!

Whilst I'm partly impressed, I'm still very sceptical of this, the scenes we have been shown seem very cardboard cut out at the moment, I'm really hoping to see some animatronics and some other effects or this could be a very wasted opportunity, I hope I am wrong and that the rest of the potential surprises are kept away from socials.
Yeah same here, I accidentally stumbled upon TowersTimes' social posts with the images in, so might just give up and keep looking as the initial pics are so exciting. Remember that the ride is massive though, so these photos are only of very small parts of it.

Yeah I think it looks Toyland Tours esque, but with leftover walls from the old scene so a bit boxed in. Whether this matters or not we can only judge by going on the ride though.

Spot one of the zombie jumpscares repurposed as a doll scare. Im surprised they have given away so much.
The one where the walls reveals a window with a zombie in during the finale? Is that the one you're referring to?

Have to echo other people in saying that I'm disappointed so much has been thrown into the press release. It would've been nice to keep some mystery rather than wide shots of whole scenes. It's like Thirteen and GMTV all over again, just with even more opportunity to see it all accidentally thanks to social media.

That said, what we have seen I have to say looks fantastic. There's certainly a style to the theming, but that's fairly inevitable when you're doing large versions of small things - I don't think that's a negative thing from what we've seen so far.

This looks much more substantial with far less dead space in comparison to Gangsta Granny. There's certainly going to be a lot of re-rides needed to actually pick up all the little details that have been thrown in there. Looking forward to Saturday now!

I've tried not to look at the pictures in too much detail, other than picking up on a few of the very cool easter eggs, really nice touch with those!

I think the standard of what we have seen looks to be high, I'm impressed. I just hope that this is matched by high quality effects, lighting and audio. It is the effects on Gangster Granny that make it a tad naff, not the quality of the theming that is there (although there could be more).

Very excited for Saturday!