• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: The Curse at Alton Manor

Am I the only one hoping that the lighting will be altered pre-opening day. To me it looks a bit too bright. Could be just for the promotion though.

What a shame they have released all these images. Obviously it will help drum up interest and bookings for them but I kind of wanted to go in not seeing anything only to come across some on twitter. :(

Haven't clicked on most though and won't be doing before a week on Wednesday when I get to ride it.

Am I the only one hoping that the lighting will be altered pre-opening day. To me it looks a bit too bright. Could be just for the promotion though.
It's incredibly difficult for photos to be taken in dark rides to match an in-person guest experience, so I wouldn't be too worried. Things will certainly look a little darker in real life, they just need to be brighter for press purposes.

Last post of potential ride Easter eggs from myself, promise 🙈 also apologies if these have already been mentioned!
9EF91E45-807B-4C4B-A2C7-37A180E1340C.jpeg
Possibly says “Beornen”? A reference to Wicker Man?

2727B7A9-E62F-484A-8ACA-4727C84AFA84.jpeg
A nod to The Blade?

does anyone know where this scene could potentially be inside of the ride?
FrF-7xfWcAQzlu1.jpeg.jpg
I think this may be the entrance to the Hall of Spiders and I'm guessing that is what the 'Wretched Little Creature' is referring to.

If so that Doll has replaced this chap...
52339271973_f8af633538_w.jpg

I think this may be the entrance to the Hall of Spiders and I'm guessing that is what the 'Wretched Little Creature' is referring to.

If so that Doll has replaced this chap...
52339271973_f8af633538_w.jpg
Think that's been written like her parents called her a wretched little creature. I may be looking into it too much though

Think that's been written like her parents called her a wretched little creature. I may be looking into it too much though
This is what I thought as well. It sounds like a saying that someone might be saying that's had the same thing said to them.

I had planned on avoiding spoilers until I saw the attraction myself, alas. Social media has ruined that so back to the forums!

Whilst I'm partly impressed, I'm still very sceptical of this, the scenes we have been shown seem very cardboard cut out at the moment, I'm really hoping to see some animatronics and some other effects or this could be a very wasted opportunity, I hope I am wrong and that the rest of the potential surprises are kept away from socials.
I will say when it comes to animatronics it looks like from this press release they just wanted photos which would make sense to show off some of the more static props and for the special effects and what not to be displayed in person which is just 5 days away.

A decent animatronic for a ride of this scale would be very expensive.

This is why I have remained fairly cautious with the hype. I have no doubts it will be a vast improvement on the state Duel got into but I also think we will see some screens and projection mapping rather than quality animatronics just down to budgets.

Be nice if they managed to include a centrepiece one though. A huge animatronic Emily Alton would be pretty cool but I'm not going in expecting it.

The sets are cartoony and fake because if it too realistic then it may not be suitable for younger kids. It's still under the laughs and frights section. But that's just my opinion.