• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: The Curse at Alton Manor

I got to ride this Saturday and was impressed. It's considerably better than Duel and I love the queue. There are a couple dead spots which have been mentioned already, but I really enjoyed it.

Also my friend who has ridden Duel before preferred Alton Manor and thought the guns were pointless.

Finally got a couple of rides today.

The area looks great, there's some good fine details and misty side of the graveyard looks great. Making us walk through the less atmospheric side, with no mist and views of bright orange generators spoilt that a bit.

Nice to have actors at the door. If he could just say to guests, 'feel free to linger in the house, you'll be on ride seconds after the pre show, don't worry about letting people walk past', then it would solve a lot of issues. Even more so with a wider path.

The ride, mostly, looks a lot better. They've used what was there really well. The dark spaces would be better if they weren't surrounded by other mostly dark pieces. I think I missed most of the detail inside, I didn't have a clue what I was looking at half the time, sometimes it was entertaining.

I was looking forward to the mirror effect. The first time it was just out of synch enough to ruin the effect. Second ride it worked and underwhelmed.

There were some good moments. It's a decent long ride. The old scares look knackered and spoil the atmosphere, but can make you jump. The new effects can be impressive, but mostly they look like screens and torches.

I wanted to avoid a comparison, but it's the easiest way to summarise - I liked it more than Duel and less than The Haunted House. I think that's because jump scares work better than atmosphere for me.

I agree. I find the use of the old mechanisms pitiful, especially in the finale. They’d be startling if it wasn’t as slow my grandma rising out of her chair.
If you are familiar with the Knobels haunted house, you’d know about the clock monster; the actual prop is silly, but the sheer speed of wich it jumps out makes it one of the best scares in the ride.
I just find the jump scares too slow to be effective

New resin for The Curse. According to the replies in this tweet, it was only put out on the shelf today, priced at a reasonable £18. It's one resin, the pictures show both sides

From: https://x.com/stokeacola/status/1702321683162632356?s=20

I don't usually like resins but I think I might make an exception for this one!

Agreed, I don’t usually see the fuss about resins, but this seems nice. Typically I was there yesterday, oh well.

Agreed, I don’t usually see the fuss about resins, but this seems nice. Typically I was there yesterday, oh well.
I'll be there at the weekend so will be getting one of them and a jigsaw! I could get one for you if you want? Drop me a message if you do!

That’s very kind, thanks. However looking at the state of my bank account after the £7 Oktoberfest beers I think they have had enough of my cash for a while!
No worries, I'm there Sat and Sun so if you change your mind, just let me know on here :)

Looks great! But I can’t help but notice that the facade isn’t the most accurate thing in the world… where’s the window above the door that Emily’s silhouette is?!