• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: The Curse at Alton Manor

I’m really excited regarding the curse updates! I’m also glad the smoke effect outside is permanent and shows the park care for “guest immersion” It’s just a great completed area at AT.

However I’m not so excited about the “cbeebies character” outside the Manor as it kinda sends out the wrong message to young kinds on what to expect inside? It just doesn’t go at all and be probably better suited to one of the shows on the front lawns.

Last edited:
Because it doesn't fit in with the rest of the dark theme. Would you like this kind of cartoon character prancing around outside Nemesis upon its re-opening, or at Wicker Man's entrance? I certainly wouldn't.

The character is themed to one of the many dolls in the attraction?

At DLP Mickey pops on a spooky outfit and does a meet and greet at the entrance to Phantom Manor. Does that detract from the dark theme? No, it's just something for the younger guests who might not want to experience the attraction and a bit of fun for everyone.

ENlwVlCUUAIP1oj.jpg

Pic: DLPReport

I think the character looks fine. Alty Mans is a family ride and those who are younger might find the existing roaming actors a bit intimidating to approach. This character might appear more approachable like @AT86 says.

Just off Alton Manor. They have added a couple of scenes to the 'hide and seek' section, and an awful screen effect after the mirror corridor. There may have been other things that I did not notice.
Fits in nicely with the rest of the ride then :tearsofjoy:

Just off Alton Manor. They have added a couple of scenes to the 'hide and seek' section, and an awful screen effect after the mirror corridor. There may have been other things that I did not notice.
there’s a new audio effect at the end too with “don’t leave yet, I still want to play with you”

Also noticed a sort of loud rumbling/bassy noise during the flying heads scene? And more/more intense air cannons during the finale.

Spoilers. (Tapping out on a phone very quickly, can an admin edit this please to put the tag in? Unsure how to do it).

Happy to confirm that the hide and seek section is where the majority of the work appears to be done, with the Pepper's ghost effects and a jump scare added too. Noises are generally louder, a few air blasts and general good tweeks! Will need a few more rides to get everything down, but thought I'd give a quick update as you've been dearth of all feedback.

My partner, who didn't get it at all and preferred Duel, actually came off impressed. Comment was that he wished that was his first time, so he could have fallen in love with it.

Now back to waddling around and finding my geesey cousins. 🪿

there’s a new audio effect at the end too with “don’t leave yet, I still want to play with you”

Also noticed a sort of loud rumbling/bassy noise during the flying heads scene? And more/more intense air cannons during the finale.
I didn't know that the audio effect was new. I haven't been since April. Now that you mention it, I did notice that noise during the flying heads scene.

Is the hide and seek section still totally dark like it was before? Or is it more of a fully fleshed out scene?

I am pleased to hear that work has happened here, though!