• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: The Curse at Alton Manor

Don't remember seeing any in Towers Trading on my visit on Friday nor in the ride shop. They seem to have been far more popular than the park anticipated.

Echo the comments on the mirror corridor. Worked all day on Friday and was one of the many highlights.

Don't remember seeing any in Towers Trading on my visit on Friday nor in the ride shop. They seem to have been far more popular than the park anticipated.

Echo the comments on the mirror corridor. Worked all day on Friday and was one of the many highlights.
I didn't see any in Towers Trading on Sunday. Was looking for a t-shirt and there weren't any of those either.

I saw some when they were first released but only in the ride shop, and for the life of me I can't work out why I didn't buy one.
I didn't think they'd sell out quite so quickly...

Bidding ended on the one on Ebay today, final bid was £137 + £4 postage.

Have I missed that it was a limited run of them, or something? There's tons of Hex ones in TTS, I don't see why they'd not make more for this one...

In other news:
I made a blanket. The hideous grotesque on the bottom is the cat, and not part of the blanket.

bl.jpg

Last edited:
I saw some when they were first released but only in the ride shop, and for the life of me I can't work out why I didn't buy one.
I didn't think they'd sell out quite so quickly...

Bidding ended on the one on Ebay today, final bid was £137 + £4 postage.

Have I missed that it was a limited run of them, or something? There's tons of Hex ones in TTS, I don't see why they'd not make more for this one...

In other news:
I made a blanket. The hideous grotesque on the bottom is the cat, and not part of the blanket.

bl.jpg
Love the blanket 👍 but wow that ebay sale for the resin 😳

I don't suppose they had a haunted character (i.e. John Wardley) in the back of the car with you pressing a reset button like they did for the original press night did they?
Nope unfortunately not!

is it possible that people just notice more as it’s got a new ride tag?

I don’t think they did anything with the ride system so it’s still 22 years old.
They refurbished the ride system, all the cars were taken and the 6th seat added back in where the lazer gun holster was at the back seat

I’ve heard they have closed it down a few times, and considering I’ve heard people report it more now, I wouldn’t be suprised if the new effects are being a headache. All dark rides through their calibrating bit, especially because I imagine the new effects didn’t have long to test
They've had plenty of time to test, they decided to use new triggers for the effects, which sometimes dont work if the cars are not full or the riders are sat in the right place - thats why they try and fill the cars up most of the time

The triggers however have been improved, its alot better since it opened back in March

Wouldn't surprise me if they changed or just removed the ride car in the mirror effect. I've only seen it work once out of about 5 rides

Weird. I've never had that fail on me, in several rides all season.
The peppers ghost effect on the other car down the hallway has sometimes not triggered for me either, but when its worked its a really cool effect - only thing that lets it down is the lighting on the other side of the mirror and the wall behind, seems too bright, could do with some UV or a filter wash with a yellow spot on her, as its meant to be gas lit era in the late 1800s!

They refurbished the ride system, all the cars were taken and the 6th seat added back in where the lazer gun holster was at the back seat

They refurbished the casings of the cars to return the 6th seat and remove the guns, that doesn’t mean they did anything to the rides control system.

They refurbished the casings of the cars to return the 6th seat and remove the guns, that doesn’t mean they did anything to the rides control system.
It's still a refurbishment ;)🤣😂 - doesnt matter what you can see or not see, but they will still have replaced some parts and ensured they are going to be more reliable

Happy Halloween and Happy New Year! 🎃

We visited the curse again on the 30th October (yesterday), everything seemed to work great, was closed for a while again but no complaints from me! 🤣

My daughter Harriet made a Sherry bottle prop - for the cursed party people who keep asking for more booze when walking around the front of the attraction - they were very impressed and thankful and placed it within the shop at the end of the ride - see if you can spot it!

F9xLvmkXcAAxpgy.jpegF9xLvmkW8AAjTGH.jpeg

Also found some of the old HH/Duel characters in Trick-o-Treat Town 👻

duel spook.jpeg

Also found some of the old HH/Duel characters in Trick-o-Treat Town 👻

duel spook.jpeg
2qf1c4.png
I'm sorry but I find this really annoying! Instead of selling the old props they to tryhard fans like what they did with Pirate Adventure and still earing some money from it, they cheaply repaint it and simply reuse it for a Halloween prop for their event. What a way to respect your history Towers.

2qf1c4.png
I'm sorry but I find this really annoying! Instead of selling the old props they to tryhard fans like what they did with Pirate Adventure and still earing some money from it, they cheaply repaint it and simply reuse it for a Halloween prop for their event. What a way to respect your history Towers.
People moan when they sell off stuff at extortionate amounts of money but also moan when they reuse stuff in other attractions. The park can’t win!

Should they have auctioned off The Flume Duck or reused it in The Curse?

2qf1c4.png

I think its good - instead of legendary icons from the park being privately owned by a youtuber, they are still on the park for everyone to enjoy

When i found them, it was fun and felt great - I've only taken a picture of one, as some of the others are there for you all to find ;)

We want to encourage AT and MMM to do more upcycling for sure! 👍

People moan when they sell off stuff at extortionate amounts of money but also moan when they reuse stuff in other attractions. The park can’t win!

Should they have auctioned off The Flume Duck or reused it in The Curse?
To be fair the flume duck was far more entertaining in it's original form. As it stands now it's the equivalent of stuffing a deceased family member and plonking them on the sofa. Yes they're still there but not as you remember. Would the duck have wanted to end up like that? An ornament? Nah

To be fair the flume duck was far more entertaining in it's original form. As it stands now it's the equivalent of stuffing a deceased family member and plonking them on the sofa. Yes they're still there but not as you remember. Would the duck have wanted to end up like that? An ornament? Nah

Its possible some of the easter eggs in the curse could be moved, updated, etc - AT and MMM have another 5 months of downtime where they can make improvements for next season based on all the feedback

I also noticed a big light on the wall pointing at the doll on the wall after you go passed the funeral cart and the peppers ghost effect but it wasnt doing anything - wondering if that will do something in the future - more projection mapping please!