• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: The Curse at Alton Manor

Only just seen your post, do you know what other recycled props there were? Im interested to find out what happened to the original stuff.

Apparently the dolls house was given to the fan who wrote that Amazon haunted house book.

In general, what theme parks do with old props is a bit of a conundrum. Selling means they become trophies for highest bidders and it gets out of hand. Binning is a loss when some these older props are really interesting crafty items from the entertainment world.

Best practice with other parks around the world is to archive and record them and bring em out for an occasional exbo, or securely destroy them as the attraction they were intended to be part of doesnt exist anymore.

Efteling and Disney do it really well

If only they had an unused building they could store them in as some sort of temporary museum?…

In the morning there seemed to be far too much smoke being pumped out towards the end of the garden scene and the start of the dolls house scene. You could hardly see some of the props!
Do they still have the heat on for going through the fireplace?

The amount of times I went round and round the thing last year with my kids a bit of smoke would add a bit of fun to make the ride different for me 😅

There's new lighting in the grand hall screen highlighting the back section where Emily is floating. It seems like it's supposed to turn off after the strobe but it isn't at the moment. Also Emily's ghost makes her first appearance a few seconds earlier than before

Last edited: