• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: The Curse at Alton Manor

If this is a winner, we could see other dark rides get this treatme-*AHEM*

6F57ACCB-1797-4D69-A22D-D5C553292D4A.jpeg

I know they’ve done the lighting changes but it’s a far cry from terror tomb!

Really bizarre how AT or Merlin or whoever listen to fans regarding a duck from a ride gone about eight years ago, yet completely ignore about 4-5 years of begging for flat rides :joycat:. Reading through some of the posts it seems like quite a bit of the original ride remains so should keep the older generation happy and the new lot get their projections. Looks like a win all round
TBH, given how all they had to do was to get some poor sods to go into the woods and collect the duck was more easier in not needing to spend money on a flat rides, seemed like an easy thing to for them. That said given how they seemed to follow up on requests on bringing that duck back, it is certain that they wouldn't have noticed the request for flat rides so nonetheless it does show that the park listens to us...just perhaps not on things that cost money but then again that does come down to Merlin controlling the purse strings.

TagWow the ride looks very wacky very theatrical with lots of lights and plenty of things to look at! But intrigued either way, lots or physical props i can see, so this will keep all of us happy. Screens are clearly used here which I don’t mind as seems like a good balance! The new doll house screens/pepper ghost effect looks incredible and appears to build the story even further! Also will Emily appear in the smashed window at the top of the façade now?
Also I don’t think we should be too disappointed if there are any dead spots on this ride, as this builds the suspense for the next crazy overloaded scene!

This is definitely a ride built for the die hard fans and will create a lot of nostalgia and trips down memory lane, which is very admirably and shows such dedication and care into a ride regardless of budgets etc.

Only small negatives are but this is aimed at budgets not designers:

Strangely some of the new props look still very old school/cheap still.

Screens have replaced what appears to be the giant lair/fingers animatronics, however these mechanics could be relocated in another form.

Sheets covering props for the “ repossessed look”

However there is so much to see and we’re all
Going to have different views and I’m interested to read it all good or bad either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
TagWow the ride looks very wacky very theatrical with lots of lights and plenty of things to look at! But intrigued either way, lots or physical props i can see, so this will keep all of us happy. Screens are clearly used here which I don’t mind as seems like a good balance! The new doll house screens/pepper ghost effect looks incredible and appears to build the story even further! Also will Emily appear in the smashed window at the top of the façade now?
Also I don’t think we should disappointed if there are any dead spots on this ride as this builds the suspense for the next crazy overloaded scene!

This is definitely a ride built for the die hard fans and will create a lot of nostalgia and trips down memory lane which is very admirably and shows such dedication and care into a ride regardless of budgets etc.

Screens have replaced what appears to be the giant lair/fingers animatronics, however these mechanics could be relocated in another form.

However there so much to see and we’re all
Going to have different views and I’m interested to read it all good or bad either way.

You might need to use the spoiler tag for that.

Also I don’t think we should disappointed if there are any dead spots on this ride as this builds the suspense for the next crazy overloaded scene!

This is definitely a ride built for the die hard fans and will create a lot of nostalgia and trips down memory lane which is very admirably and shows such dedication and care into a ride regardless of budgets etc.

However there so much to see and we’re all

I think the screen windows are from the final, the windows are in a different arrengment and don't match the ones in the giant's liar. Funny how we haven't seen anything of the trommel yet :(

I think the screen windows are from the final, the windows are in a different arrengment and don't match the ones in the giant's liar. Funny how we haven't seen anything of the trommel yet
At the end of the video, there is a screen with like electric bolts, think this is the trommel? Just not spinning, and had screens put on it.

Before all is revealed tomorrow, I just want to thank everyone on this forum. Even if I can't be there opening day, it's been so much fun to speculate with you all!

To everybody riding tomorrow, have a great time!

Sent from my SM-A516B using Tapatalk
I agree for the most part! There were times last year when this thread was incredibly painful viewing 😂🤣guess it’s all part of the fun though!

Just about to set off for Towers and I’m so excited! So looking forward to riding TCaAM for myself! This is the first ride at Towers that I’ve followed on this forum from start to finish so thank you for making it a memorable one full of speculation! 😉. See you all in a few hours?