• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: The Curse at Alton Manor

Good point raised above actually, I really, REALLY hope for everyone that is so excited to ride this today that it doesn’t disappoint after months of discussion, debate, speculation, excitement; etc! Fingers crossed it lives up to it!!

Great to see the duck made it in, but of all the references I think it's a missed opportunity.
The duck by itself was never scary, it was the way it suddenly lit up and the deranged quacking that accompanied it. Neither aspect has been coppied over. It would have been good for the scene from the flume to almost be copied like for like in the new ride. Creepy bathroom, poorly lit, then suddenly giant duck! Scary but also funny because it's far worse than what you expected to be there.
As it is I didn't even notice the duck until my 3rd rewatch of the clip.

Also I kind of whish the window at the front of the house hadn't been changed to look broken. I kind of agree with Walt Disney's theory that the outside should look good, although I think rundown when done well is also pleasing to look at. Something about the main window being broken takes away from that iconic look.

Other than that I'm loving what we've seen so far!

People are queueing already? I didn't think that was allowed til 10!

Also what is RMT sorry? Can't think of the abbreviation right now

Sent from my SM-A516B using Tapatalk
Runaway Mine Train. 🙂
I assume they're in a pre-queue waiting to be let into the main queue at 10.

I am quite pleased that the ride seems so popular. It shows that the marketing has had a good effect. However, part of me is disappointed that I will not be able to lap the attraction like I did for Duel.