• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: The Curse at Alton Manor

Does overall look good. It is slightly difficult to tell on a recording but there does seem to be a fair few very dark rooms. I can only guess those areas are waiting for extra theming and lighting.

I wouldn't give them or any other channel credit for filming a POV when they shouldn't. especially one that will spoil the ride for anyone who sees it.

I'm still avoiding all spoilers.

What's hard about the rule of no filming inside too? Really gets on my nerves. I'd like to see Towers get them to take them down on their channels and threaten legal action if necessary.

Surely Towers could just tell the people filming to stop if they wanted to? Surely they would be able to enforce it easily.

There will always be people that film new rides without permission. Nothing can be done unless they stop the ride and remove guests mid-way through their ride!

It’s free advertising for Towers so I doubt they care enough to go taking down all videos that appear online. It’s not as if it negatively affects guests figures!

Blimey, there are POVs already?

The ride has only been open for 2-3 hours; there are clearly some very quick editors and uploaders about!

Film on phone then upload. Takes a few minutes on WiFi.

Suits us people who can't visit anytime soon. But wonder what would happen if parks released official videos?

That would be so out of place in the new version though?
maybe, synced up with the projection, all the skeletons start shaking and coming back to life, and then a big hand comes out where the demon was while everyone is looking at the skeletons, giving them a big surprises
other than that I don’t know. It’s not my job :) just how almost everything else seems quite strong but not that

Not going to form the most solid opinion from watching a POV, but here's what I think so far.

I never went on Duel so I can't really make many comparisons. To begin with, though, everything building up to the ride itself from the queue line, story and atmosphere is fantastic. I also absolutely loved the soundtrack throughout. Wonderfully creepy and built up the tension.

Wonderfully creepy is probably the best way to describe how I feel about this ride. There wasn't quite as much of the dolls house as I originally expected, though that isn't necessarily a bad thing. The trommel, though it's great to see it working again, looked a bit confusing and out of place to me? The ending was terrifying, though!

Also, major props to the girl playing Emily. She did a really fantastic job!

Overall, this POV makes me incredibly excited to give this a ride on my next visit and be immersed in the creepy story and atmosphere!

Sent from my SM-A516B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I haven't seen anyone particularly mention the audio, which was mentioned quite a bit in press releases. Is there anything to report on that front?

Won't discuss the content of the POV (which is very dark - suspect you need to ride in person for the full effect). But it took just as long for Thi3rteen POV to appear online.

I’m not really sure that’s very clear.

If I wasn’t knowledgable about rides etc, looking at that would make me think the ride went upside down.

The trommel is working now though, and despite the fact that you don't fully feel like you invert in a trommel tunnel, trommels do give off quite a weird feeling comparable to inverting.