• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: The Curse at Alton Manor

My favourite dark ride on park hasn't opened this season yet 👀
It was harder for me to judge The Curse on the others because Hex was closed and I didn't ride Gangsta Granny this time (fairly certain that GG is my least favourite but I will make my mind up when I can ride them all in the same day)

My favourite dark ride on park hasn't opened this season yet 👀
It was harder for me to judge The Curse on the others because Hex was closed and I didn't ride Gangsta Granny this time (fairly certain that GG is my least favourite but I will make my mind up when I can ride them all in the same day)

Which one is that? Hex, Gangsta Granny, Alty Mans and Dungeons have all operated, with NST being altered and Horizon unbuilt so can't draw on them yet

I’m on about NST, old version, which looks like is what it will be.

Anyway, back on The Curse, it seems like quite a few people are bringing up out of sync issues recently. There seem to be some instances also where the mirror effect is out of sync and the car is too far behind you. Hopefully they can get them sorted, as the sync issues I experienced did take away from the ride a little bit

I’m on about NST, old version, which looks like is what it will be.

Anyway, back on The Curse, it seems like quite a few people are bringing up out of sync issues recently. There seem to be some instances also where the mirror effect is out of sync and the car is too far behind you. Hopefully they can get them sorted, as the sync issues I experienced did take away from the ride a little bit
The mirror effect was perfectly in sync today (rode twice).

That is good to hear. The one for me that was out of sync was the “you’re mine” audio at the end. It was triggering way too early as the way I understand it is that it’s supposed to trigger when Emily’s face is revealed, but it was doing it far too early. At least I think this is the case, maybe I’m wrong and it was triggering at the right time, but if that’s the case then it does it too early in my opinion

Sorry for the double post, but I keep hearing about there being a part of the ride where the writing in something appears to change? If this is the case, where do I look for it on my next visit soon? I didn’t spot it once on my 3 rides so far if it actually exists

Sorry for the double post, but I keep hearing about there being a part of the ride where the writing in something appears to change? If this is the case, where do I look for it on my next visit soon? I didn’t spot it once on my 3 rides so far if it actually exists

After the Grand Hall scene look for the door marked ‘Nursery’.

There are so many little references around the ride and even bits I’ve only noticed after riding it loads.

I noticed the other day the pictures which used to be in the exit corridor (which change when you walk past them) are actually in the ride before you get to the spiders.

There’s also lots of different music in each scene you probably don’t notice. We had a ride stoppage for a minute at the puppet bit (just after hide and seek) and that area has its own music which you’ll barely notice whilst on the ride due to the talking and sound effects.

Rode it twice today, still think it’s a brilliant ride. The mirror effect worked perfectly which I’m glad about as I completely missed it when I last went on Curse. The cage swing effect is fantastically done also. Annoyingly they had to stop the ride audio to tell someone to put their phone away, seems to be a running trend with my theme park visits this season for some reason. Very annoying and totally ruined the immersion near the end. There was only a 5 minute queue, so we went round for another go. There are still plenty of Alton manor characters around gloomy wood which really breathes life into the area even when it’s not too busy. Today there was a grave digger in the queue line! The food kiosk seems to be a grave success too (pun intended), with a consistent, but not stupidly long queue when ever we saw it.

The second time the ride went down briefly for less than a minute, whilst we were in the trommel of all places. Fortunately this didn’t ruin our ride, it was quite cool having a stoppage in the trommel section, if not a little disorienting.

Most things seem to be working as it should but I might have missed stuff as there’s a lot packed in. I did notice the wall panels were mostly not moving at the beginning, fans clearly visible in some scenes but not sure that can be helped after reading previous posts in the thread. Not sure the dolls/things ‘jumping’ out at you are very effective as they just move too slow and you can see the bar, they’re just very ‘meh’ for me. Regardless of any criticisms it’s still a breath of fresh air in a park that seems to be very stale and stagnant in many areas at present. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Last edited: