• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: The Curse at Alton Manor

Just a question when you see these high quality POV on Disney rides etc. Do bloggers not use a flash on there Go pros or whatever they use? Also if it’s strapped too them and it doesn’t have a flash, I can’t see a problem with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because they want punters to have a fresh new experience when they go on the actual ride?
It is a "new" attraction, they want to maintain the suspense of a new dark ride experience.
Dodgy POV recordings ruin that.

Just a question when you see these high quality POV on Disney rides etc. Do bloggers not use a flash on there Go pros or whatever they use? Also if it’s strapped too them and it doesn’t have a flash, I can’t see a problem with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They tend to use low light cameras

This is random but I need to know if someone else has noticed this/ can confirm. Does the curtain in the grand hall move? It seems to open when Emily's ghost appears at the end then closes with the strobe light. I think this is to hide the jumpscare around the corner from the next train. It only moves the slightest amount but I might also be delusional

This is random but I need to know if someone else has noticed this/ can confirm. Does the curtain in the grand hall move? It seems to open when Emily's ghost appears at the end then closes with the strobe light. I think this is to hide the jumpscare around the corner from the next train. It only moves the slightest amount but I might also be delusional
I think that curtain has been there ever since 1992 to hide the demon that used to offer you a cuppa tea.

Surprised that the giant "Wilkinson Sword" razor blade made the cut [no pun intended]. What with it's association with Class A drugs and self-harm ideation.

And it doesn't really add that much to the storyline [I think]?

Surprised that the giant "Wilkinson Sword" razor blade made the cut [no pun intended]. What with it's association with Class A drugs and self-harm ideation.

Eh? What's the supposed association between class A drugs and Wilkinson Sword razors?

According to this, plastic razor blades were invented in the summer of 1899 by Stephen Porter, which means Emily Alton's father was using one just six months later! What a cad.

(It’s a the blade reference. You could make the same case about the beornen matches, though..)

You can cut Coke with a razor blade, a tenuous link mind you

Perhaps [perhaps not].

As it's a mock-up of a giant razor blade resting against a prop wall, I made the association quite easily as it's right there in our pop culture.

Last edited:
I always took the razor blade as Emily going to her dolls house to self harm. Given the hints towards child abuse throughout the ride I find the whole thing has a weirdly dark tone that goes beyond gothic horror.