• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Alpenexpress & Tiroler Wildwasserbahn Rebuild

Remember that the ride does 2 laps. To justify adding block breaks they'd need to make the ride significantly longer, and there simply isn't the space in that area.

Also given the investment they've put into the VR I'm almost certain they'll want to keep the layout exactly the same. Changing the layout would mean starting again with developing all the VR experiences. And the Mack's won't want to lose the VR as they still use this ride as a showcase of what is possible with a VR coaster.

Instead of block sections, I wonder whether Mack would be up for designing something similar to what DarKoaster at Busch Gardens Williamsburg does, where the ride uses a switch track to skip the station so that the ride can both run 2 trains and do 2 laps?

Instead of block sections, I wonder whether Mack would be up for designing something similar to what DarKoaster at Busch Gardens Williamsburg does, where the ride uses a switch track to skip the station so that the ride can both run 2 trains and do 2 laps?
With the rides excellent throughputs of 25 to 35 seconds i'm not sure they would need to go to all that effort for a second train. Though it would still increase it slightly.

Is it? The Dragon at Legoland Billund is a powered Mack coaster with multiple trains and blocking, and opened in 1997.
And their Suspended Powered Coaster also has block sections and multiple trains. That Debuted in 2014 in the form of Arthur at Europa.

Having been on it just before the fire. I would say the trains have been fully refurbished this season anyway. The seats, inside of the trains and the restraints all looked brand new and very clean, as if they were replaced, or refurbished

Is it? The Dragon at Legoland Billund is a powered Mack coaster with multiple trains and blocking, and opened in 1997.

Really? Interesting. I must have been misinformed, plus that attraction totally slipped my mind.

I guess if the throughput is fine, no need to change it. Not unless they planned some ride changes that would result in a higher than anticipated popularity. But even so, that said, these mine trains usually have really long trains and can eat queues relatively well when operated correctly.

A large hole/foundation/base for a crane? has been made on the site
index.php

Since this picture was taken the second lifthill of the flume has been completely removed (the tower and drop are currently still standing)
index.php

The train of Alpenexpress has now been finally removed from the station. All that remains still is the station building and a small section of track before and after it.
index.php

Source

If they’re putting up the tower crane already, it’s probably safe to say that there won’t be any significant redesign of either of the ride layouts.

Mind you, who knows with Roland…

The layouts don’t need changing. There’s not that much space to play with and it would add unnecessary time to the reconstruction efforts.

Get both the rides rebuilt and open for 2024, and then worry about the show building afterwards.