• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Europa-Park General Discussion

We had lunch in Bodega at the start of September, however it was really just another area of Don Quichote and not the tapas restaurant it formerly was

Some more infos from the EP Fan event yesterday:
- The ticket booths are set for refurbishment this winter
- Traumatica is staying put for about 5 more years before it will need totally moved for the park expansion
- It was hinted that Voletarium will receive a new film for the park's 50th anniversary in 2025

Source

- It was hinted that Voletarium will receive a new film for the park's 50th anniversary in 2025

Source
That's good to hear, I think there's huge scope for improving Voletarium with a better film. Needs a better story ideally more closely themed to the Adventure Club of Europe. Currently it just feels like a very expensive Eurowings commercial.

I've been on a few flying theatres recently, the last one being Mythica (Sky Lion). What I like about that ride is that it feels more like a ride. Not only does the film have a narrative but it's a non-stop bombardment of different scents, wind machines and misters.

Voletarium's queue already sets up this sense of mystery and adventure so following through with a similar ride experience would be great.
I do like the old film and would like to see it kept in rotation (even if only for special occasions) so going for something that isn't just a tour of Europe would compliment rather than replace the old film.

At the same time as a new film themeing the ceiling to make it blend better with the film would be great. Assuming they can't extend the screen then making it look like a blimp, or something similar that your vehicle is suspended from would help with immersion.
They did this after Rulantica opened with the grotto, so I see it as an option here too.

Agree with most of these sentiments. Whilst Voletarium’s queue is excellent, the film itself leaves something to be desired. Something with less CGI and forced transitions would be more welcome.

It might on the contrary be a full CGI movie according to some cryptic remarks by Michael Mack, that "two mice" may play a role. But maybe I misunderstood or it is a deliberate misguiding, I don't know. Let's wait and see. Even the date 2025 is not set officially.

Not sure how it would work, but I wouldn't mind seeing any new Voletarium film on rotation with the current film. Maybe one in the morning and one in the afternoon?

I love the current film. Sure it's got a few faults, but I find it such a relaxing and serene experience and the soundtrack is perfect.

I wouldn’t say it’s a eurowings advert but it’s a very clip clunky film. I quite like it because of the music and some of the scenes are lovely but it lacks coherence.

It’s also ran a fair while now so a change is as good as a rest.

Not sure how it would work, but I wouldn't mind seeing any new Voletarium film on rotation with the current film. Maybe one in the morning and one in the afternoon?

As far as I know, the option to show 2 different movies is possible. Probably either single rider or VL would be removed for the second queue.

I'd say Voletarium is the joint 2nd best flying theatre I've done, with the building and themeing nicer than Sky Lion, but preferring Sky Lions film. The thing I like with the best I've done, Emmet's Flying Adventure, is it feels like it does a fair attempt at both, with the film being superior to all others.

Noticed on my app that Euro-Mir is closed for Hallo-winter. Never visited this time of year, is that always the case?IMG_2506.png

It had late openings last year for the Christmas lights to be hung up. Total closure would be unusual but the ride is truly on its last legs so maybe needs some unexpected attention before it gets even colder (which often messes with it too)

I’m guessing it’s going to be getting an increase in passing ridership too next year, being right outside one of the entrances to Croatia.