• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Europa-Park General Discussion

Emailed Guest Relations earlier as my reservations on my Resort Pass for New Year are still active and showing 5/5 booked with no way of cancelling.

Replied within 5 minutes and confirmed that reservations had been reset to 0. On the down side, each reservation I make now is counted as 2. 😂

Still impressed by the quick response. In contrast Towers very rarely if ever reply to any email enquires I’ve sent them and when they do, response time can be measured in weeks.

Big changes coming to the entrance of Europa-Park this year. The turnstiles under the main entrance arch have all been removed, and new gates are being installed where the now removed ticket booths once were:

For the past couple of years, it has not been uncommon to have your tickets scanned at the booths rather than the turnstiles. So this new entry procedure is now being formalised.

I’m guessing this is a capacity thing, allowed for by the increase in online/advanced ticket sales.

I know there is often a bottleneck at the entry turnstiles on busy days and often also quite a mess of a queue in front of it. Hopefully this improves guest flow and makes that area immediately on the other side of the monorail station a little less frantic.

Wow. What a beautiful video. Really brightened up my day. Reminds me of the "Europa Bark" trip report that was posted here a while ago.

I do think they should let the dogs go on some of the rides though. Maybe not Wodan (though one of them seemed like he was rushing through the queue to do just that) but I think a dog could handle the Monorail or Josefina's ride without too much trouble.

The Monorail yes, but Josefina's is just asking for trouble!
Large pool of water, shallow edges to easily get in and out of, and lots of local wildlife. You need a very well trained (or waterphobic) dog to resist that level of temptation.

"Return to Europa Bark" was going to be a thing, but "Europa Bark Reborn" might be more appropriate now.

20240218_104322.jpg

The park entrance changes are nearing completion, with the new Europa-Park sign now up and LED screens installed across the top of where the turnstiles will now be:

index.php

Source: stefangloger on Instagram via epfriends.de

The new logo sign looks to be an improvement, and I suspect it does light up. Hopefully the LED screens are sympathetic to the rest of the entrance plaza area.

Having never been to Europa, a comment elsewhere about someone not queuing for any rides on a recent visit stood out to me. I checked the queue times averages and it seems the longest average queue time for a ride is WODAN at 29 minutes!! Is it really that good at Europa?

I compare that to Universal Osaka that i'm planning to visit later this year and the longest average queue time is 165 minutes :tearsofjoy: o_O

Having never been to Europa, a comment elsewhere about someone not queuing for any rides on a recent visit stood out to me. I checked the queue times averages and it seems the longest average queue time for a ride is WODAN at 29 minutes!! Is it really that good at Europa?

I compare that to Universal Osaka that i'm planning to visit later this year and the longest average queue time is 165 minutes :tearsofjoy: o_O

You can get 1hr queues at EP on busy days, but their operations are very good so you never queue more than you should based on the number of people wanting to ride.

Averages can be misleading. On a full day in summer holiday you can expect 30-70 min at Wodan, on extreme days (e.g. Friday after ascension) up to over 90 min. But then there are certain days in November where you can have 5 min or less.

Averages can be misleading. On a full day in summer holiday you can expect 30-70 min at Wodan, on extreme days (e.g. Friday after ascension) up to over 90 min. But then there are certain days in November where you can have 5 min or less.

Sure, I was just comparing the averages to other parks which would face the same peak variables and they are noticeably shorter.

It would seem we are set for a better season for F&B than the past few years. The 'closed' tags have been removed from the list on the website (aside from Spirello) and outlets which are presumably only open at certain times now have information telling you that.

You can always tell things are getting better when Pastaria di Enzo is open at all (come on, admit it, you hadn't even heard of it as it's been closed for so long).

Here are a selection of hours for units that have been closed on some days over recent years:

BW School holidays here

Walters Wurst
Mon-Fri: From 11.30am
Weekends/holidays: From 11.00am

The O'Mackays Pub (upstairs) (downstairs café open earlier)
Mon-Fri: From Noon
Weekends/holidays: From 11.30am

Pastaria di Enzo
Tues/Wednesday: Closed
Thursday-Monday: From 11.30am

Valaisan Parlours (Raclette)
Daily From 11.30am

Spices
Daily: From 11.30am

Mario's Pizza
Mon-Fri: From 2.00pm
Weekends/holidays: From 11.00am

Magellan Lounge Bar
Mon-Wed: Closed
Thu-Sun + holidays: From 1.00pm
Happy Hour: 4.00-6.00pm when open

Café Benedetto (Pope Café)
Mon-Fri: From 10.00am
Weekends/holidays: From 9.30am

Bavarian Beer Garden
Daily: From 11.00am

Last edited:
This is very good news, hopefully it does all come to fruition and last for the season. It's been the one thing that has not been quite right with EP post-Covid, so I am pleased to see that it is being addressed.

Now please can we have the same for the hotel bars?