• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Europa-Park General Discussion

I can’t quite put my finger on what it is, but I find something about that new design a bit creepy compared to the old one…
Not as creepy as this incarnation of Euromaus...

roberto-blanco-euro-maus-zdf-sommer-show-so-ein-tag-mit-guten-freunden-am-im-europa-park-in.jpg

Something does look a bit off with the new designs, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

Good god it's like someone has put them through a Snapchat filter, that does not look not nice. Now I'm worried for the rest of the crew...

They have that synthetic, AI generated feel. I think as others have said it’s the faces being too human like, especially on the concept of Edda. The shape of the eyes and general proportion and layout of the faces makes them look too much like people as opposed to animals.

Did we learn nothing from the Sonic the Hedgehog movie?!

They've landed right in the uncanny valley. Do not like.

I know they must get tired of the constant comparison to Disney, but they have to commit either to the cartoon look or swing the other way and have mascots that aren't mice.

I can just about cope with the new Ed but Edda is horrifying.

I think it is the teeth, they appear to be the main change and are much more human like. Edda also has a pixie cut, which looks bizarre on a mouse!

Euromaus has changed many times over the years.

They currently use 2 versions of Ed in the park for meet and greet, which is weird in itself.

I dislike these graphics. Edda is hideous. If I see her in a fortnight I'll ask her who did the botox.

Seems like a weird backwards step, less detailed/shaded and dead soulless eyes.

Pobody's nerfect.
Well...that`s an interesting way of looking at things...because I thought that they open up Voltron, WiWa and Alpenexpress late and they were also putting Happy Family in Geisterschloss und started the Yomification of the whole park to prove that... :tonguewink: