• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

Nail on the head here.
Nemesis - geeks will flock, but to the GP nothing is new. Essentially the ride is the same.
This is why the fad around The Curse has died down so it’s now walk on.

The park desperately need new additions.

Most guests saw Curse as new, it doesn’t get queues because it shifts around 1,500 guests an hour.

Nemesis I suspect is correct however.

@Matt.GC its an interesting barometer rides per guest. This year on my three visits I’ve done 8,7 and 12.

Would be interesting to know the statistic if it’s available anywhere.

I swear pre Covid and in the post Covid years we use to do a lot more.

Seems to vary a lot visit to visit. Also depends who you visit with

I've had 4, 16, 17, 15, 14, 18, 14 and 18. All flexes between what groups I'm with and things like that. Lowest I've ever had is 1, highest is 42. Is it lower than usual this season? I think it's roughly the same, maybe a shade lower. Haven't gone on any extremely busy days yet though.

I'm not sure if Fastrack is being oversold or if it was just everyone deciding to use it at once, but on Rita yesterday the op announced that the Fastrack queue was longer than the main one! I thought that only happened at Scarefest but apparently not lol.

I'm not sure if Fastrack is being oversold or if it was just everyone deciding to use it at once, but on Rita yesterday the op announced that the Fastrack queue was longer than the main one! I thought that only happened at Scarefest but apparently not lol.
They should operate a system similar to genie plus at Disneyland California. Timed slots so fast track remains fast track and the main queue continues to move.

But that would require investment and they wouldn’t fleece as much money out of people. So it won’t happen.

Now you see, this is where queuejump systems get silly.
To counter this problem, senior operators will load some trains fasttrack only, or 75% fasttrack, until the fasttrack queue is shorter than the main queue, to avoid (very reasonable) complaints from those who have paid extra.
So the main queueline gets stalled for a considerable period for "catchup".
Seen it at a large number of parks in recent years...two hour Avalanche speedypass queuebot queue at Blackpool, main queue stopped for half an hour...most of the coasters at 'mingo...and my favourite, what about a twenty five foot queue for the Grand Prix cars...two whole hours...three in four cars to the speedypass.

IMG_7209.jpeg

Thematic Integrity?

I Dont Know Her Mariah Carey GIF

Pic source

Do they really need that banner there covering up good theming? Imagine being American coming to the park for the first time to ride the runaway my train, you be so confused. Can’t they just have a separate area for this nonsense clustered together somewhere.

I thought they started to get better with this sort of stuff but then when you feel an ounce of optimism they literally just throw in your face for a laugh, I mean come on AT you suppose to be the big boy of UK theme parks, setting the standard of high end magical escapism?

I just don’t get it at all. This is up there with the Sky now tv stalls, smiler take over and Emily Alton meet and greet character. Please sack who ever makes these amateurs decisions please

You have to laugh at this crap sometimes otherwise you start to go insane with the 1 step forward, 7 steps back timeline.

Do they really need that banner there covering up good theming? Imagine being American coming to the park for the first time to ride the runaway my train, you be so confused.
No American is coming over here to ride the Runaway Mine Train. Also a fairly flat sign (other than some logs) isn't exactly theming anyway, its a sign. This "takeover" is for two days. Not seeing the normal ride sign for two days isn't going to change the ride experiance on that. Its not like riding Curse at Alton Manor and now a sausage roll jumps out half way round.

Complain more about the out of place cuddly toys on the games stalls that aren't themed to the congo in any way.

My pass expires today. Going into full time work in a couple weeks now my degree is done. I won’t be going more than once a year now like most people. Can’t lie it’s depressing
Now to be a bit positive, I have really enjoyed doing other things instead of whoring the rides at the Beach every rainy afternoon this year.
Good luck in the scary real world mate.
Another fifty years and you might be able to retire.

Now to be a bit positive, I have really enjoyed doing other things instead of whoring the rides at the Beach every rainy afternoon this year.
Good luck in the scary real world mate.
Another fifty years and you might be able to retire.
Ye suppose it’s a good thing in a way. Can’t live in a fantasy world going to towers every week forever. I mean you know it’s bad when you get withdrawal symptoms after a week of not going