• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

They should have staff at the ride entrances where the rides may be closed temporarily as to inform guests and where there there is a height restriction to save parents queuing for an hour only to be told at the end of the queue their child is slightly too short. This in turn may cause some aggro for the ride staff at the other end.

They should have staff at the ride entrances where the rides may be closed temporarily as to inform guests and where there there is a height restriction to save parents queuing for an hour only to be told at the end of the queue their child is slightly too short. This in turn may cause some aggro for the ride staff at the other end.
They did, and it was policy, but that seems to have been abandoned now due to cuts.

Just to put into perspective, an average peak-time day is usually around 13k, a busy day is considered 16k and fireworks is capped at 20k.

So basically, the 12k figure is off-peak or a lower than expected attendance day.
They’ve clearly reduced the park capacity a lot over the years; in 2014, full capacity was said to be 28,000!

They’ve clearly reduced the park capacity a lot over the years; in 2014, full capacity was said to be 28,000!
The park seemed to have a high focus on the major coasters now as their main draw. Having 28,000 people on park and at least 18,000 of them go to the big 7 first that’s some very very long queues

Just to put into perspective, an average peak-time day is usually around 13k, a busy day is considered 16k and fireworks is capped at 20k.

So basically, the 12k figure is off-peak or a lower than expected attendance day.

The 20k firework cap is not the theme park cap (or at least it historically was not).

Fireworks also has a show to manage and people all leaving at the same time, something another day wouldn’t. It also has no discounts so they always felt comfortable capping.

Certainly historically Scarefest could have had 25,000 on park (pre-Smiler incident).

The 20k firework cap is not the theme park cap (or at least it historically was not).

Fireworks also has a show to manage and people all leaving at the same time, something another day wouldn’t. It also has no discounts so they always felt comfortable capping.

Certainly historically Scarefest could have had 25,000 on park (pre-Smiler incident).
I think the tighter fireworks cap came in the year when they had to shut the gates on the Saturday in the afternoon as they realised the park was too full. I remember it feeling pretty chaotic and the crowd management not being great. Since then I’ve notice the fireworks crowd management being a lot better- last years was pretty good with dedicated routes and lots of staff to direct people.

The fireworks cap has been lower than any other day for as long as I can remember. Fireworks is the only full opening day when they close off one entire side of the park, so they need to restrict capacity significantly because of this.

Indeed

I think its fire safety cap is about 32,000 but even at its peak i don’t think it ever had that many guests.

In case anyone was wondering in this strange season of cuts and improvements, Jubilee Fireworks are still doing the display this year. What the budget may have been slashed to is another matter of course...

From: https://x.com/JubileeFoF/status/1832898713125089351

I enjoyed last year's Emily Alton water curtain effect. I also enjoyed everyone absolutely pegging it to FV afterwards as someone swirled a rumour on the internet that was utter baloney.

Bet there won't be anything new or groundbreaking this year though and I haven't seen people stalking the internet for CAA drone flight maps like the other year either.. I guess the "feature" will be Nemesis themed as that is this year's golden child.

In case anyone was wondering in this strange season of cuts and improvements, Jubilee Fireworks are still doing the display this year. What the budget may have been slashed to is another matter of course...

Fireworks is pretty much budgeted from the start of the season like all events. It’s a seven-figure cost for 3 days worth of Fireworks. I believe @AstroDan has said previously that it’s the way of blowing (pun intended) the end of season budget. Like in 2015 they still went all out, but 2016’s was notably muted…

I am more concerned about the lighting budget.. last year the lighting wasn't that good but the fireworks were amazing.. I hope they have invested a bit more into the lighting but I am sure it will be amazing like always!

The pattern of the season thus far makes me fear for the fireworks’ budget.

Honestly, I’d rather they cut Oktoberfest.

AT without decent fireworks would be a travesty.

I honestly think it’s a real shame they don’t use the three nights or the Sunday to create hype for the following year. Make it a must attend event.

The Nemesis closure fireworks/event is the best thing they’ve done since Wickerman.