• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

Blimey. Although the weather was awful on Weds, it looks like we did the right thing by going Tues/Weds this week.

If a British theme park can’t deal with the British weather then they need to build more indoor rides.

They’ve currently got one sat broken (Hex), one standing but not operating (4D), one unused (Dungeons), one in planning they’ve delayed buildings (Horizon) and they’ve built a new building and not stuck a ride in it (RCade)

They bring it in themselves sometimes

I was on park today (Sunday) for the first time is a while and was pretty impressed with everything. The Octoberfest stuff all looked great and operations were decent. It was also the quietest weekend day I've seen for a good number of years. Everything except Wicker Man was walk-on at some point during the day. Also I thought everywhere looked very clean. I think if - like me - you haven't been for a while, some of the overall improvements with the park are plain to see. Anyway, that's my two cents - cross valley inverted log flume please!

I was on park today (Sunday) for the first time is a while and was pretty impressed with everything. The Octoberfest stuff all looked great and operations were decent. It was also the quietest weekend day I've seen for a good number of years. Everything except Wicker Man was walk-on at some point during the day. Also I thought everywhere looked very clean. I think if - like me - you haven't been for a while, some of the overall improvements with the park are plain to see. Anyway, that's my two cents - cross valley inverted log flume please!
Don't for a second think that anyone is going to take you seriously until a cross-valley log/train has been imprinted with your name.

Only joking obvs 👍 :)

Hi,

I have another silly question but would be grateful if someone could help me.

I own Gold AT Pass, am I allowed to upgrade to express parking for £10 because on the parking website it only mentions Merlin Pass holders?

Thanks

Yeah you don't get discounted Express parking I'm afraid, that's only for MAPs.
I'm not sure that's strictly true. For all intents and purposes Alton Towers treats its gold pass in the same way that they do Merlin Gold Passes, with the addition of bring a friend vouchers.

I would encourage @Severed_lime to drop Alton Towers guest services an email and double check. I believe that they will offer a discount on express parking, with a valid Alton Towers Gold Pass. Please do check!

I'm not sure that's strictly true. For all intents and purposes Alton Towers treats its gold pass in the same way that they do Merlin Gold Passes, with the addition of bring a friend vouchers.

I would encourage @Severed_lime to drop Alton Towers guest services an email and double check. I believe that they will offer a discount on express parking, with a valid Alton Towers Gold Pass. Please do check!
Thanks this is why I'm really confused, everywhere else it says MAP holders but on the booking page it says AT gold holders need to show annual pass?

It's just the virtual assistant now so I'll try contact again in the morning.

Attachments

• 1000002959.jpg
    1000002959.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 15

I'm just going off the listed perks, only free standard parking is listed. If AT annual pass holders got discounted express parking it would say. Plus it only stakes MAP holders on the booking page.