• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

I should probably add a caveat that anyone posting in here probably doesn’t qualify as an “average” person in this context as will likely have in-depth knowledge of how to tackle the park, if a queue looks visibly shorter than advertised and so on!

With the new fastrack prices has the on the day price gone up by £5 or has the online price gone down by £5? I have no idea what the previous prices were

Being left on the rapids and log flume...about half an hour on each... on a sunny weekday afternoon in termtime early summer, back in the day of photo reclaim tickets.
We took home over forty tickets as a souvenir.
Every ride walk on all day.
Very early days of happy marriage.
All those years ago.
Those were the days.
They must have lost a bloody fortune on those days in the past!

Last edited:
Just saw on twitter that reborn and CAAM are both part of the early ride time perk for hotel guests,

Is this a recent thing? I thought they stopped that years ago, but it's a welcome return!

The park seem to marketing the hell out of an ice cream van today, like multiple Instagram stories every hour. Why? Am I missing something?

It’s based on a video that went viral a few weeks back.

The two girls giving away the Ice Creams today at Towers were in the video.

I think their mum is an influencer too, so she's probably trained them up to be influencer kids, or at least made damn sure they're taking full advantage of that viral vid that they did. It was funny, but you just know that eventually they'll end up selling their own ice creams for 9 quid if they can.

Maybe the poor operations of the past, terrible food offering and quite frankly idiotic open hours have come to bite them? I do work for a number of tourists attractions and the start of the season was amazing. June and July odd (weather) but this month is going well.

I mean I know a lot of people who visit Alton towers once a year and miss a year here and there who aren't enthusiast's and couldn't tell you many statistics about many rides and a lot of people say things along the lines: 'its ashame it shut so early on a busy day'
'£9.50 for a Rollover hotdog!'
'I queued for x ride which broke down moved onto this ride which broke down'
'why isn't the sky ride or hex open'

People notice these things on a day out whether they visit once a week or once every year or so and last year was pretty tragic and this year has had its ups and downs too, those who don't have a super strong emotional attachment to the place and a MAP will just go elsewhere and maybe come back when they hear about a new shiny piece of hardware.

What we want to see is the park fix it's rough edges and flourish when project horizon comes around and not follow a downward spiral of 5pm closes in summer holidays, poor ride availability, lower guest satisfaction resulting in low attendance and more neglect.

I have noticed that the parks are less busy than last year,
I don't know how much is down to Alton as the weather this year up north has been awful, so far we have probably had like 3 or 4 good days the rest has been wet or felt very close to raining, I am quite often down south for work, and the weather is night and day, many times I will enter te train in the south with shorts in 25 degree heat, and enter my station with pouring rain.

in addition disney world is quite empty this year (reletive), and the British crowd makes up quite a bit of their attendance so I wonder if there is something more to do with people deciding to not go to go out as much.

besides the cause it still can't be the best as finance people will look at the investment made this year but it resulted in less attendance than last year so it may result in less investment in uk parks.

when they hear about a new shiny piece of hardware.

I was actually thinking about this earlier. The park hasn’t technically had a new major attraction since 2018 right? And now likely won’t till 2026?

The Nemesis retrack was well presented (and needed) but from a casual perspective it’s the same 30 year old ride and probably not much of a reason to visit if you’re on the fence.

Those big 90/00 years seemed like they were really driven by big additions every 2-3 years.