• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

I have a random question after my visit on Sunday; since when have Alton played the announcement on Towers Street that says “Welcome home!”?

I noticed it on Sunday, but I’d never noticed it before that… I thought it was quite a nice touch!

Last edited:
There Facebook socials went down hill around a year ago. I absolute hate this style of budget videos & memes they’re not even funny? It really cheapens the brand in my opinion and looks unprofessional to anyone over the age of puberty, why can’t they just leave these style of advertising to Tick tock as I don’t believe the facebook generation is there target market no?

Honestly I run a small business and wouldn’t dream of uploading these types of tacky videos and they’re a well established brand. I don’t see universal or Disney taking on this style but correct me if I’m wrong? One positive it’s not quite scraped the barrel or Thorpe’s constant unfunny memes just yet!

Having been at an attraction the same day as LadBaby before (not intentionally), and seeing the absolute mob of fans around him, I'm sure this will undoubtedly bring people to the park who want to meet him, which is good marketing.

Just because you don't like/know who someone is doesn't mean no one does. We live in an age now where social media influencers are more well known to the "younger generation" (god I sound old) than your typical everyday celebrity.

To be honest, I think this 'takeover' was probably done by Merlin themselves. To try and get more footfall into AT. As I think, that Merlin want to use 'local celebrates' to try and make more money, even if it's only for a day!

Having been at an attraction the same day as LadBaby before (not intentionally), and seeing the absolute mob of fans around him, I'm sure this will undoubtedly bring people to the park who want to meet him, which is good marketing
Well, we also know how many people would want a John Wardley signature despite most people not having the foggiest clue who he is. That’s now 10 food with the internet attached, previously obscure games, movies and other things gaining a huge amount of traction, seemingly out of nowhere. Things people think are niches really aren’t anymore. It’s just some are in the know and some aren’t.

They've had four Christmas number 1 singles.

Yes they are definitly not major celebrities, but are certainly some of the most well-known YouTubers thanks to their Christmas singles.
You do them a disservice! LadBaby have had FIVE UK Christmas Number 1 singles, and hold the record for the most Christmas Number 1 records in total. They also are the first act to ever have five consecutive Number 1 singles full stop.

The Beatles (who?) only had a mere four Christmas UK Number 1 singles.

Last edited:
You do them a disservice! LadBaby have had FIVE UK Christmas Number 1 singles, and hold the record for the most Christmas Number 1 records in total. They also are the first act to ever have five consecutive Number 1 singles full stop.

The Beatles (who?) only had a mere four Christmas UK Number 1 singles.
What on earth does that say about (a) the general population buying their 'music' and (b) the quality of the competition!

Let's hope this is the only tie-in they have with them this year and it doesn't extend to one of the new scaremazes!

For me it’s not who stars in the videos i couldn’t care less but it’s the professionalism, editing and quality that’s the main issue. To me it all just looks very amateur to me now for an official FB site and not an overall impression for a global brand or “world class resort”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it’s not who stars in the videos i couldn’t care less but it’s the professionalism, editing and quality that’s the main issue. To me it all just looks very amateur to me now for an official FB site and not an overall impression for a global brand or “world class resort”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would expect a video made by two YouTube stars to be filmed in a YouTube style, particularly for a short-form "TikTok" style portrait video. It would actually be more weird if it was professional and slick.

What on earth does that say about (a) the general population buying their 'music' and (b) the quality of the competition!

Let's hope this is the only tie-in they have with them this year and it doesn't extend to one of the new scaremazes!
In complete fairness, all proceeds and profit from their records went straight to The Trussell Trust every year. They were charity singles, akin to Band-Aid, or Comic Relief and Children in Need singles.

According to published figures, in total they'd raised over £1.3 million for the food bank charity by December 2022.

The UK has awful music taste generally if you look at official Number 1s only. The Blobby Song, Teletubbies Say Eh Oh, Mambo No. 5 (Bob the Builder) were all UK Number 1s too. We tend to go campy at Christmas, a bit silly. Either we raise money for charity, or give someone a stocking filler.

If the Rollercoaster Takeover is raising money for charity (no idea if it is), or a good cause, then actually I'd welcome this level or type of partnership from the park.

If it isn't, and is just a bit of a quid pro quo marketing bump only, then I'd actively dissuade this level or type or partnership from the park.

Last edited: