• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

That’s true but it is still the 2nd newest
We get it, you love the Smiler.

The park are cleaning Galactica because it's right next to this year's major investment. They also seem to be doing something with the Smiler which is also good. Hopefully they will have time to do both before opening. Why does it have to be Smiler vs everything else all the time?

From what we can tell most of the coasters will be looking clean for this year:

Nemesis - brand new
Galactica - in the process of being cleaned
Rita - photos last month showed it clean
Smiler - photos a couple of weeks ago showed cleaning

The pictures from Thirteen earlier today looked unpleasant but there’s still time there.

I’ve never noticed the dirt and grime as much as others have, but maybe that’s because you sadly get used to it, as all the pictures of the cleaned up rides look absolutely fantastic.

AltonTowersJobs' instagram account put out a Snow Day video on their account this morning and in it the front of the Smiler station was covered in scaffolding. The Marmaliser (or at least the barrels on it) looks cleaner than it was in my October visit to the park too.

Opera Snapshot_2024-02-08_165847_www.instagram.com.pngOpera Snapshot_2024-02-08_165751_www.instagram.com.png
@Ethan here you go. Found them. Scaffolding around the station and the marmaliser looking much cleaner! Hope you’re happy now.

Rita track looks amazing with a jet wash, however now that the track is clean, the supports need a good paint . Glad to see the park getting spruced up over the winter!

Sounds like the Masked Singer.

Anyway, black rides get a few years grace of algae. Galactica being left like that is the real crime, and rightly being prioritised.

Last edited:
Going back to my favourite job of jetwashing...
One of my punters didn't want the algaecide treatment after jetwashing.
So, due to rain since last July without a dry break of more than 2 days, and heavy tree cover, the green started to return after precisely one month.
She tried to blame me!
I politely put her right regarding the after treatment.
She was the one that refused to let me finish the job properly.

Jetwashing alone is just not up to climate change.
Unless treated, the rides will look grimy in a few months.
Unless the rain stops of course.
More chance of a decent burger at the Towers.

Going back to my favourite job of jetwashing...
One of my punters didn't want the algaecide treatment after jetwashing.
So, due to rain since last July without a dry break of more than 2 days, and heavy tree cover, the green started to return after precisely one month.
She tried to blame me!
I politely put her right regarding the after treatment.
She was the one that refused to let me finish the job properly.

Jetwashing alone is just not up to climate change.
Unless treated, the rides will look grimy in a few months.
Unless the rain stops of course.
More chance of a decent burger at the Towers.
One of your punters owns a rollercoaster? 😏

Wow oblivion walls are actually black. The smiler track looks great but I wish they jet wash all of the surrounding concrete and grime on the station walls or find a suitable paint, unless they are leaving this to last?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fastrack tickets for 2024 are now available.

Bronze is up £2 to £32, Silver up £5 to £55, Gold up £10 to £75 and Platinum up £20 to £130.

Doesn’t seem to be any changes to the rides included in the packages except Nemesis has been added to Platinum level.

Err...just about every sport has a closed season you know...
Rugby, cricket, football, athletics.
Literally billions of people have a closed season.
Exactly, December through to February is always a sparse time for F1 fans too, absolutely delighted that testing had returned today. And on tv too, no need for drones, or sitting in empty car parks peering through fences here!