• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

May for Thorpe.
Lovely thank you.
This was the first time not clipping vouchers, not bothered for the previous two due to covid risks and poor immunity.
All part of the world tour of Britain plans.
Oakwood though, decisions, decisions!
You can still post in the codes then?
I didn't see the luddite option.

Sarah, 24, Double D-cup from Essex said - "It's great that we can have a free day at Alton Towers just for buying Britain's favourite read. Unlike all the Wokes of the Labour party who would probably ban fun if they come into power, I think it's great that Rishi and The Sun have ensured we are free to get on rides this summer. Clearly a huge benefit of Brexit, that all those Islamist extremists that would totally take over the country if Starmer came to power, are seeking to take away."

If anyone is going to the Nemesis shop soon, is there a kindly volunteer that would pick up a pin and a couple magnets on my behalf?
(With full reimbursement for price and p&p)
Ebay and the online store continue to fail me

The BBC have posted this article in the news section of their website with a headline of “Legoland and Alton Towers owner to charge more at peak times”.

Obviously all of us here are aware of what dynamic pricing is and we’ve discussed that in relation to Towers offering cheaper tickets for quieter days. But I think that the way the article describes is perhaps a little negative as it states:

“The owner of theme parks including Alton Towers and Legoland is to make it more costly to visit on a sunny bank holiday than a rainy day midweek”.

Perhaps it would have been a little better to lead with the fact that off-peak days will be cheaper to book rather than making it sound like Merlin are gouging customers on hot days. But anyway, the article also talks about Merlin implanting machine learning to make flexible ticket pricing and more detailed. It also states that Merlin say that dynamic pricing would help offset a decline in visitor numbers since the pandemic.

I’m also wondering if perhaps this dynamic pricing strategy will see the company move away from its longstanding use of BOGOF deals? I did notice that with the Sun tickets this year they are doing an offer for Towers, Thorpe, and CWOA tickets but have stated that LLW will not be participating in it this year (and also the offer has changed in that there will be fewer free tickets but more opportunity to book reduced price tickets it says).

Last edited:
If anyone is going to the Nemesis shop soon, is there a kindly volunteer that would pick up a pin and a couple magnets on my behalf?
(With full reimbursement for price and p&p)
Ebay and the online store continue to fail me
Can't promise as I'm not sure if I'm even going this week, but which ones do you want, just in-case I do go?

They all do this now it’s all about supply and demand and to try to get more guests to visit on the off peak days.
With the sun free tickets I thought it was strange as cause I was at work I didn’t go on to the app to 10 past 11 and last year I was around 15000 in the queue and a 45-60 wait but no I was roughly 1200 and a 5 min wait and after clicking on the book section it send me a email with a code and a link to the Alton Towers website. As my kids are in school I had to pay for my tickets but it was still £50 cheaper than booking online or £25 cheaper if I was using a 2-1 voucher.

I love how we're all putting a fair bit of consideration into how we explain how we came about the codes in The Scum. 😂

My excuse is that I get them from the papers before they're returned back to supplier.

I booked the S*n tickets yesterday (my mother in law buys it so she gave me the tokens) and only went online around 17:00 to get them. Pretty much any day was available (although not all free)
Any idea what dates early season are available? Or is it a post April thing? I was thinking about a potential day next week?

Yeah I managed to get my Scum tickets too, midweek in June, £15 each, hopefully not too busy. But like other it seems, didn't even have to buy the papers, just got the digital ones, which was £6.99 (cheaper than physical papers nowadays, £1 in the week!!!).
Also, yeah seems the uptake/demand is less than usual, I guess since they aren't all 'free' now and most are paid. Most probably haven't bothered now. But it is still cheapest way.

I’ve been quite a few times already this season so thought I would give my personal verdict on what areas/rides should stay at the park and what should leave in the somewhat near future.
Stay:
CBeebies
Spinball
X sector
Mutiny bay
Mine train
Curse
Valley

Leave:
Everything behind the towers on the left (Dark forest, Walliams world, Hex, Dungeons)
River Rapids

I think everything behind the towers needs binning. Just bin the whole lot scrap it all and start again. Hex never works, Dungeons have had their time, Walliams is crap, Dark forest is the weakest big area in the park. As for the Rapids, they take up a huge amount of space for such a mediocre ride it needs to go