• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

Not a fan of arcades in theme parks but it's a fairly impressive building.1000056343.jpg
The park I worked at in the states (a long time ago) had lots of arcades. They were the only properly air conditioned buildings - during exceptionally hot days and periods of rain they made an absolute fortune. From a business point of view, this building will no-doubt repay it's build cost during a few wet summer days.

Last edited:
The park I worked at in the states (a long time ago) had lots of arcades. They were the only properly air conditioned buildings - during exceptionally hot days and periods of rain they made an absolute fortune. From a business point of view, this building will no-doubt repay it's build cost during a few wet summer days.
Just as long as it recovers the cost of what thay spent (tbf will be about £20) it'll be worth it in there eyes😂😂😂

To be fair TPWW don’t tend to go in for the idea of releasing videos on stuff like this for the sake of it, Lift Hills and Thrills definitely do though.
Yes, evidently Shawn doesn't seem to have uploaded a video so far, so you're probably right. I think he's past that stage in his Youtube journey. There absolutely would have been a time when he would have been all over it though. But yeah, I was wrong on this occasion :)

Yes, evidently Shawn doesn't seem to have uploaded a video so far, so you're probably right. I think he's past that stage in his Youtube journey. There absolutely would have been a time when he would have been all over it though. But yeah, I was wrong on this occasion :)
Off topic but TPWW were at Legoland yesterday for the opening of Minifigure Speedway, so that will probably be their next video. Yesterday's video was from the Rollercoaster Restaurant though, not sure when they filmed that.

I'd be all over some bumper cars at AT. My kids love the ones at Chessington even though they have the appearance of being older than me.

I bet most people here would frown on the idea of a fairground attraction based on the reactions to the retrosquad though
Some on here have suggested a good set of dodgems once or twice before.
With bar, juke box, sheltered seating and kebab stall.

You’ve got to admire the graft from some of them. LHAT have uploaded numerous videos speculating about what the arcade would be, with absolutely no basis, and ignoring all the clear evidence to the contrary (such as it saying ‘R-Cade on it in massive letters) and will now no doubt release more videos about it now it’s open.

It’s a shame not all the arcade machines were themed, Towers obviously only showed the “good ones” themed ones on there social media post, Even they must be like we’re a little embarrassed here but top dogs have asked us to promote so? I hope it’s temporary but I mean did we really need those tacky old bikes? I think I’d prefer it to be a little sparse to outdated arcades, maybe some climbing “game stalls”’take advantage of the height, surely that would have been better? It really just doesn’t suit the vibe of the area at all.

However I must add I do like the exterior and feel it adds to the area but it does need some tentacles, guessing this might be tricky to put into place whist the park is open?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Potential daft question - a friend asked and I honestly have no idea.
If you got say 2x kids 1.1m and require an adult to ride.. can the one adult go on with both kids at the same time? Obviously not for 2 seat rides but the rapids for ex?

Potential daft question - a friend asked and I honestly have no idea.
If you got say 2x kids 1.1m and require an adult to ride.. can the one adult go on with both kids at the same time? Obviously not for 2 seat rides but the rapids for ex?
Yes I don't see why not, after all, there are instances where one parent will go to the park with 2 kids. I don't think its as strict as say, swimming pools where there is a ratio of 1:1 in some cases.

Some on here have suggested a good set of dodgems once or twice before.
With bar, juke box, sheltered seating and kebab stall.

+1 for this.

Got to say, I do have a feeling something else will be going in this building in the future. It’s just too big to be just an arcade.

Bumper cars would be a brilliant addition in my book. Cheap for Merlin too. If they’re good enough for Europa Park, they’re good enough for Alton.

Or..... it's just some guy on YouTube making stuff up (perish the thought of stuff being made up on the internet), and this is just an arcade.

They said in the planning documents that it was going to be an arcade. They built an arcade. They then opened an arcade. Shocker. Now it looks exactly like - an arcade. And as an arcade, it's fine.

It's like 'Horizon is a flying theatre' all over again.

Or..... it's just some guy on YouTube making stuff up (perish the thought of stuff being made up on the internet), and this is just an arcade.

They said in the planning documents that it was going to be an arcade. They built an arcade. They then opened an arcade. Shocker. Now it looks exactly like - an arcade. And as an arcade, it's fine.

It's like 'Horizon is a flying theatre' all over again.

I thought it didn’t state “arcade” in planning that’s why these rumours started?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk