• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Is any ride truly public if everyone has to pay to enter the park?...
Eric Wareheim Mind Blown GIF by Tim and Eric

Towers will be very strange next year without Nemesis. Its like KFC without chicken, the essential product to make the place work is gone

It will be strange but at least we get another 30 years with the rebuild hopefully.

Also with HH make over and possibly N-ST returning too then at least there's some other things to talk about and experience.

Went to ride it tonight but it closed early. Not sure what the problem is but i left the park by the Galactica gate and there was a team of techies there. They were trying to start it up (the siren sounded) and nothing happened.

One of them shouted "Jesus Crist, it's knackered"

Hope it's fixed soon.

You're kidding me. We are there in two days time. Hopefully it's back open by then as that's really the only reason we are going.

You're kidding me. We are there in two days time. Hopefully it's back open by then as that's really the only reason we are going.
I sincerely hope so! I went there today with almost the sole desire of riding it in the dark for the first time. Managed a ride in the daylight though thankfully. Everything else today seemed to be working well.

It was quite busy, but queues weren't too bad.

When they said this was closing, I really wish they'd have made it clearer that it wasn't for good. People on Instagram are arguing with me that: 1. they think its closing for good and not for a re-track, and 2. it's going to be called "Phalanx" when it re-opens. Told them both that neither is the case, yet they still think otherwise. The announcement has definitely led some people down the garden path.

When they said this was closing, I really wish they'd have made it clearer that it wasn't for good. People on Instagram are arguing with me that: 1. they think its closing for good and not for a re-track, and 2. it's going to be called "Phalanx" when it re-opens. Told them both that neither is the case, yet they still think otherwise. The announcement has definitely led some people down the garden path.

Meh, let them think that. Doesn’t really matter in the scheme of things.

Whilst you are right, twitter is full of clowns, it's only people speculating based on the information that we have been given

It is staggering how many times we have all been wrong in these forums

Perhaps time to unfollow them or block them!

It's meant to be "misleading". I've had numerous non-enthusiast friends message me asking if I wanted to go with them so they could ride it before it goes. It's the perfect way to get people to visit before the season ends.
I know that but if your already on the park you gonna ride it anyway. Like I was talking to my non theme park friends at the weekend and they said none have been to Alton Towers since the mid 90’s and have no plans ever to even take there kids there. Anyway I explained that my daughter loves theme parks and was so chuffed she got to ride Nemesis before it closes to be re-tracked and they replied why remove a coaster and replace it with the same layout and another said people are mad to want to queue up 95% of the day just to enjoy the rides themselves for 5%.
Even my daughters friends at school a lot of them haven’t even been to Alton Towers so In other words if you not a member of a forum, social media groups or subscribe to Theme park content on you tube you wouldn’t have a clue what’s going on with Nemesis.

That's the thing. Towers don't want every man and his dog to know what's happening. They want to create a sense of urgency and a call to action NOW to bolster admissions before the end of the season. I'm not sure why people are struggling to understand this. It's classic marketing and sales techniques. They won't give a toss if geeks know it's being retracked.

It's clearly worked based on social media comments and press coverage.

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.