• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Teaser video is very cool, and the 'investigation' elements taking place look great fun. Very nineties Alton, albeit updated for the Insta age.

I think marketing have played a blinder with this. Sub Terra returning in some form seems likely, but the enthusiast-led thirst to see it come back seems overstated, given that the attraction was fundamentally rubbish.

Who funds the Phalanx? Probably bloody Peter Thiel.
Wasn't it actually closed because the restraints were not HSE compliant? Saw a video that said this

In the name of all things holy, please don’t. It’s perfect the way it is. As stated in the planning documents there is to be no major changes in any of the thematic scenery or the typography of the site, so I doubt we will see anything major bar the actual track itself.
The track layout is great, one of the best - but Black Mamba is actually bettter thematically in the queue line and station at least

Not everything has to be modern to be considered 'good' you know.

Sure I'd like for them to give the track a fresh coat of paint and alter it a little.
Bearing in mind I am visiting with 12 year olds - they literally don't get the theme at all - as this is a retrack for future generations - the theme does not work for the current one let alone future ones

Bearing in mind I am visiting with 12 year olds - they literally don't get the theme at all - as this is a retrack for future generations - the theme does not work for the current one let alone future ones
It worked well enough for me when I first visited in 2017 when 12. Never even heard of the ride then, but when I stepped into the area and saw the ride, I Immediately thought of 'scary monster roller coaster with scary name.' No joke, Nemesis looked terrifying to 12 year old me, heck, looked way more scary than the smiler. The smiler was just creepy, Nemesis is a literal nightmare come to life in my young eyes and made me reconsider my thoughts of thinking to ride it when queueing. If it worked well enough for me, I heavily doubt it's outdated. The concept of a monster themed roller coaster is very simple and I doubt that can be considered outdated.

What's there not to get?
Ask a 12 year old - I have to explain it to them - it's like so its the guns are for what, the theming is what - galactica has better theming for them, you are going on a space trip, simple and effective - Nemesis you are????

It worked well enough for me when I first visited in 2017 when 12. Never even heard of the ride then, but when I stepped into the area and saw the ride, I Immediately thought of 'scary monster roller coaster with scary name.' No joke. If it worked well enough for me, I heavily doubt it's outdated. The concept of a monster themed roller coaster is very simple and I doubt that can be considered outdated.
Yeah it's not a difficult concept to be honest, even for a 12 year old

It worked well enough for me when I first visited in 2017 when 12. Never even heard of the ride then, but when I stepped into the area and saw the ride, I Immediately thought of 'scary monster roller coaster with scary name.' No joke. If it worked well enough for me, I heavily doubt it's outdated. The concept of a monster themed roller coaster is very simple and I doubt that can be considered outdated.

You were probably playing 2d computer games - now they have 3d Fortnite etc they just expect more

Ask a 12 year old - I have to explain it to them - it's like so its the guns are for what, the theming is what - galactica has better theming for them, you are going on a space trip, simple and effective - Nemesis you are????
Nemesis is not really supposed to be a theme where all is explained. That added mystery is what makes it such a great theme in my opinion. For example wickerman is a very explanatory theme, and it also works well. But sometimes I think added mystery allows you to construct your own ideas about what it could mean, surely that’s a good thing for a child. Imagination.

The whole point of the nemesis theme is that guests wouldn't understand all of the story, that some of it would be a bit secretive. 12 years olds aren't meant to understand the theme, they're meant to wonder what on earth is going on, why is there track coming out of a monster, why is there a military organisation with guns. That's kind of the point.

sorry but Galactica has no theming that's likely why 12 year olds find it easier to understand.. atleast nemesis feels somewhat immersive even in its current state.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.