• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
As much as I would love Air/Galactica to receive a retheme, it seems unlikely because Alton Towers will be more focused on the Nemesis retrack, and that it would be too much of an effort for too little reward if they rethemed Air/Galactica to something suitable.
Will be clapped out after this season carrying Forbidden Valley. It’s never fitted in with Nemesis anyway, as much as Rita didn’t fit in Ug land. Technically Wickerman doesn’t fit in to Mutany Bay either. Retro squad etc etc.

The park is not really a theme park anymore. They don’t invest in whole areas and integration of theming.

So as everyone knows work will be taking place on Nemesis throught this season. From what we know they're currently doing groundwork and working on the footers. Track and supports won't be up for at least a few months so that leads me on to the point of this post. When the track is eventually put in place, there are certain parts where they would need the monorail and Galactica to be shut. Does this mean we'll see downtime come the latter stage of the season of these attractions to aid the construction of new Nemesis track? Or will Towers wait until next winter to install the remaining track that couldn't be accessed during the season

So as everyone knows work will be taking place on Nemesis throught this season. From what we know they're currently doing groundwork and working on the footers. Track and supports won't be up for at least a few months so that leads me on to the point of this post. When the track is eventually put in place, there are certain parts where they would need the monorail and Galactica to be shut. Does this mean we'll see downtime come the latter stage of the season of these attractions to aid the construction of new Nemesis track? Or will Towers wait until next winter to install the remaining track that couldn't be accessed during the season
I would not expect much construction that would cause the monorail to close during the open season.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are point this season where I can see them closing the Monorail. It’s not stopped them from closing it over the years on days you’d expect it to be open.

Shaun from Theme Park Worldwide has been back to the park with another update (he must be having withdrawal symptoms after his recent long trip away). In it, towards the end, he talks about how the Nemesis trains have been “smashed up”. So that pretty much confirms there will be new trains.

he talks about how the Nemesis trains have been “smashed up”. So that pretty much confirms there will be new trains.
That's very interesting! Although there has been speculation about new trains, I assumed that Nemesis would retain the old ones.

suggesting I have a weird denial of reality is laughable, maybe have a look in a mirror:
I doubt it would end this hell scape but worth a try!
Ignoring the wound up immaturity, you're theorising about abstractions. Im only on about what was there in the ride.

Yes I agree that the Phalanx theme was only in some merchandise. So not part of the ride. It had about much relevance before Sub Terra as the Smiler novelty clock. It makes no difference.

They'll change the theme to whatever they think best for the ride. Differences of opinion are allowed however, IF they change the theme to Phalanx at all.

Discussing things that arent coaster trains and throughputs really unleashes real nastiness on this forum. I tell you what though, enjoying the themes in theme parks makes them a lot more fun.

Last edited:
Ignoring the wound up immaturity, you're theorising about abstractions. Im only on about what was there in the ride.

Yes I agree that the Phalanx theme was only in some merchandise. So not part of the ride. It had about much relevance before Sub Terra as the Smiler novelty clock. It makes no difference.

They'll change the theme to whatever they think best for the ride. Differences of opinion are allowed however, IF they change the theme to Phalanx at all.

Discussing things that arent coaster trains and throughputs really unleashes real nastiness on this forum. I tell you what though, enjoying the themes in theme parks makes them a lot more fun.

There is a beautiful irony in having your opening gambit telling people whe disagree with you that they have a “weird denial of reality”, follow that up with accusations of “abstract immaturity” then at the end suggest it’s other people stifling debate.

You can't ignore the "wound up immaturity" if you mention it as your first statement in the first sentence of your post.
Differences of opinion are allowed, all opinions are sacred, even if different from our own.
Nastiness is as nastiness does.
Edit...pardon the echo, Dave beat me to it by seconds.

Steering away from the infinite Phalanx loop and back to construct discussions... Do Alton have any closed days this year?

Based on the track already being fabricated it seems likley it will start going in during the season. And I find it unlikely they'd want to wait until closed season to install the track under Galactica and the Monorail if the rest is going in sooner. Therfore I wonder if these pieces will go in over night or on closed days.

Steering away from the infinite Phalanx loop and back to construct discussions... Do Alton have any closed days this year?

Based on the track already being fabricated it seems likley it will start going in during the season. And I find it unlikely they'd want to wait until closed season to install the track under Galactica and the Monorail if the rest is going in sooner. Therfore I wonder if these pieces will go in over night or on closed days.

I don’t think they do actually, they will probably have to install in the evening after ride close (suppose they still have some 4pm closes). Or wait until closed season, suppose they can also close the monorail mid day if they needed.

Reactions: Tim

You "entitled" b***k t***k (censored to keep the tears at bay) hater you. It'll still "ride the same" so how about some "gratitude" eh? You're just being ignorant to "change" quite clearly. I've got an extremely repetitive response saved in drafts, ironically complaining about repetition just for situations like this, don't make me use it!

Anyway, back to some legal debate. Some YouTuber with a click bate thumbnail flew a drone over the site the other day and posted the footage accompanied with ear bleeding music. The site is pretty much the same as the last footage released for views and likes 2 days ago, except that there's some lovely footers taking shape, I wonder if they're Coaster Footer LTD's new jhdk2000 type 3 design? I wonder what the new trains will look like (don't mention theme, for the love of god don't mention theme!)? I've spent all morning refreshing the extremely important and immersive app every 10 mins (as one does) and I wonder what changes we'll see in that? etc etc etc.

Last edited:
You "entitled" b***k t***k (censored to keep the tears at bay) hater you. It'll still "ride the same" so how about some "gratitude" eh? You're just being ignorant to "change" quite clearly. I've got an extremely repetitive response saved in drafts, ironically complaining about repetition just for situations like this, don't make me use it!

Anyway, back to some legal debate. Some YouTuber with a click bate thumbnail flew a drone over the site the other day and posted the footage accompanied with ear bleeding music. The site is pretty much the same as the last footage released for views and likes 2 days ago, except that there's some lovely footers taking shape, I wonder if they're Coaster Footer LTD's new jhdk2000 type 3 design? I wonder what the new trains will look like (don't mention theme, for the love of god don't mention theme!)? I've spent all morning refreshing the extremely important and immersive app every 10 mins (as one does) and I wonder what changes we'll see in that? etc etc etc.

You really didn’t add much to the debate on the theme there though I get you where aiming for sarcasm and all that. I’m not in the mood to backseat moderate and Craig will tell me off can we all just get some things really clear.

Debate is good, disagreement also fine, discuss the theme ad-infinitum, but insults add nothing to the conversation and making the same point on a loop also doesn’t really help.

As for the train I suspect similar to the ones installed on Monster at Gröna land. Hopefully with a lighting package.

Last edited:
I can see Blade, Monorail and Galactica being affected but I reckon they'll most likely stay open 99% of the season. Either that or they just shut FV for a few weekdays and crack on with the bits that need access

Not really a need for Blade to be affected, nor Funk n Fly if that's still about, nor Sub Terra if that makes a return, nor Rollercoaster Restaurant.

They installed Air without needing to close Nemesis in 2001 didn't they? That just leaves the monorail as a potential closure target.

They installed air without having to close the monorail. The construction site of air overlapped the monorail much more too, with tunnels and what not being built very close. It only overlaps Nemesis on the helix. There may be a few days or weeks where service is disrupted. I cannot see it being more than that as a maximum.

I was with quite a few young peoples trips to the Towers when Air was being built.
The emergency meeting spot for those who got lost, or simply wanted a few quid for the arcades or drinks, was the air construction window.
I still have the photo of me grinning like a bloody goon with all the bags.
I covered nemesis and the meeting point all day, leaving all the rest to wander off...
Heaven, and a nice couple of hundred quid in small change for the kids from the petty cash, all courtesy of the good tax payer.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.