• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Still nothing from seek the truth people… maybe in the weeks building up to it, we will?
Still like to think that if we are getting retro VIBES if the original logo is back, would like to think the original cult worshippers from the original Nemesis story are back who are the seek the truth guys which could be thay they've hijacked Phalanx in order to release Nemesis here?

In the video, the new spiky leg tentacles are also in the foreground, a good distance from the body. I wonder if we're going to see more of them bursting out in various places in Forbidden Valley? Kinda like how the drill/gun thing had Nemesis flesh growing on it all the way at the entrance.
There was tentacle theming wrapped around the entrance portal, so alongside being repainted Merlin Black, the new entranced will be covered in tentacles. It would be really cool to see various parts of Forbidden Valley covered in tentacles. It would be cool if we saw murals of tentacles/tentacle theming wrapped around the newly black buildings.

Hell maybe they could even include RCR with some tentacles holding a knife and fork outside the entrance!

Last edited:
I get the impression that marketing might have quietly dropped the 'Seek The Truth' conspiracy theory angle. Or they're just not particularly communicative as an organisation, because as of this morning, the truth is now quite literally, out there.

A lot of the initial marketing and close event was handled well and a lot of fun, but there wasn't that much to play with in terms of mystery. It's a rebuilt, spruced up Nemesis, and that's enough. You can't reheat a Secret Weapon.

Still like to think that if we are getting retro VIBES if the original logo is back, would like to think the original cult worshippers from the original Nemesis story are back who are the seek the truth guys which could be thay they've hijacked Phalanx in order to release Nemesis here?
I doubt it. The cult worship stuff from the original was a Stonehengey kind of gig. Which would mean they would have died thousands of years ago. I don't think it gave out the vibe of a load of hooded tribespeople coming out every night from behind the Thunder Looper in 1993 to bow down at the foot of a grassy knowl. Them coming back from the dead, having an immediate grasp of modern English and popping down to Halfords to buy a few tins of spray paint is jumping the shark a little too far I feel, even for this.

Last edited:
I doubt it. The cult worship stuff from the original was a Stonehengey kind of gig. Which would mean they would have died thousands of years ago. I don't think it gave out the vibe of a load of hooded tribespeople coming out every night from behind the Thunder Looper in 1993 to bow down at the foot of a grassy knowl. Them coming back from the dead, having an immediate grasp of modern English and popping down to Halfords to buy a few tins of spray paint is jumping the shark a little too far I feel, even for this.

Exactly this, the legend briefly mentioned the people who worshipped it but most folk only realised the standing stone things where related to the “cult” when Wardley mentioned it during the Nemesis 10 event

Exactly this, the legend briefly mentioned the people who worshipped it but most folk only realised the standing stone things where related to the “cult” when Wardley mentioned it during the Nemesis 10 event
Nemesis X promo
See this video for original back story on the cult storyline! Also one my favourite ever Alton towers promo videos *takes glasses off in a dramatic fashion* I believe Andy Hine actually played one of the people in the cloaks in the video but could be wrong!
I get the impression that marketing might have quietly dropped the 'Seek The Truth' conspiracy theory angle. Or they're just not particularly communicative as an organisation, because as of this morning, the truth is now quite literally, out there.
John Burton reposted the seek the truth logo on his Instagram story a couple of days ago so don’t think it’s the last we’re going to hear of it yet. Mind you he does love messing around with the thoosies- remember that RMC debacle in the summer?

I have to add to what others have said, the new Logo is a perfect example of how to appeal to both Nostalgia and Modern design.

By replacing the red and yellow colours with a pure white it losses the slightly dated 90s feel. But making the reborn red presents the new additions as being true to the original. What a great idea also to include the veins to make the B look normal at first glance but also identifiable as a 3. Meaning they can keep the Logo beyond this year and it still works.

Then there's the addition of the eye, which adds a little bit about the rides theme into the logo.

I do slightly question the new look of the monster. Not sure how they are actually going to execute the massive eye in the mouth in reality with the track still needing somewhere to pass through. I feel like the actual monster will differ slightly from what's shown, but we'll have to wait and see.

Nemesis X promo
See this video for original back story on the cult storyline! Also one my favourite ever Alton towers promo videos *takes glasses off in a dramatic fashion* I believe Andy Hine actually played one of the people in the cloaks in the video but could be wrong!

John Burton reposted the seek the truth logo on his Instagram story a couple of days ago so don’t think it’s the last we’re going to hear of it yet. Mind you he does love messing around with the thoosies- remember that RMC debacle in the summer?

Thst wasn’t an external promo video, it was for internal use (clips of it might have been used externally). When Nemesis opened the internet wasn’t a thing so long form story videos were also not a thing for marketing purposes, so from a guest perspective it wasn’t part of the theme.

For guests it was “look there’s a big monster with a rollercoaster around it”.

Thst wasn’t an external promo video, it was for internal use (clips of it might have been used externally). When Nemesis opened the internet wasn’t a thing so long form story videos were also not a thing for marketing purposes, so from a guest perspective it wasn’t part of the theme.

For guests it was “look there’s a big monster with a rollercoaster around it”.
The event was twenty years ago so my memory is hazy, but I'm sure John Wardley said the video on the VHS tape given to all attendees of the Nemesis X event was originally created at the rides opening to show and share with the press. Of course in 1994 they wouldn't have shared it further, but I think the intention was for journalists to watch the film and then write about the rides.

The event was twenty years ago so my memory is hazy, but I'm sure John Wardley said the video on the VHS tape given to all attendees of the Nemesis X event was originally created at the rides opening to show and share with the press. Of course in 1994 they wouldn't have shared it further, but I think the intention was for journalists to watch the film and then write about the rides.

A journalist was never going to report on the secret cult from hundreds of years before because it was part of a video they saw.

Again they reported “blooming big monster with a new type of coaster surrounding it and the gladiators puked”.

It’s never been a big part of the theme, it was and remains a little seasoning in the soup of theming that is Nemesis rather than the substance.

A journalist was never going to report on the secret cult from hundreds of years before because it was part of a video they saw.

Again they reported “blooming big monster with a new type of coaster surrounding it and the gladiators puked”.

It’s never been a big part of the theme, it was and remains a little seasoning in the soup of theming that is Nemesis rather than the substance.
I didn’t say anything about what they may or may not write about the ride, just the intended audience of the video.

Forgive me, but I'm almost certain I saw that Nemesis promo in the 90's. I have no idea where, maybe on a TV show or on park itself (probably the former). I know it pre-dates Nemesis as it clearly shows Batman The Ride, but I remember returning to Thunder Valley in the 90's after it's transformation, seeing the rocks and immediately associating it with the cult worship aspect.

I'm not claiming it was ever an aspect of the lore that was heavily explored in any kind of way. Indeed, I much preferred the era that pre-dates all this current spoon feeding of unnecessary "storyline", as just a blood filled hole with a gert creature sat in the middle of it, situated in a post apocalyptic landscape was an immersive enough visual excuse to just make a rollercoaster look really cool, that left more to the imagination. But I don't think that promo video was solely kept internal. I didn't even know what the internet was back then, less have access to any facilities to have seen it digitally and I've never been to any kind of John Wardely worship session.

Unless I'm going senile of course.

If anyones interested, the classic "first ride" of John riding nemesis was actually a cut of two different takes. The one above from white knuckle was maybe a couple of rides after, as his guide on the ride seems a bit clearer. But if you go to 27.54 on this video you can see his first ride in full! You can see his trepidation and it genuinely take his breath away!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.