• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It would be hilarious if Burton is on about something completely different.

Alton Towers has always had enthusiasts/fan sites follow construction projects closely and this is no exception. People commenting on unfinished projects is nothing new, people covering construction of these projects is nothing new. The way these projects are covered has changed slightly with tools like drones available to allow for more meticulous coverage. Whether that’s a good thing or not I guess is up for debate.

Either way, moaning/judging an unfinished product is nothing new. It’s not disrespectful or spying. It’s a theme park in Staffordshire, not Mi5.

The folks that design the attractions are not the same people who are tasked with maintaining them.
While that’s true, it just comes across as a bit rich with a senior member of Merlin publicly complaining how disrespected their art is when the parks don’t even look after said art which I think is far more serious than some fairly harmless photos of construction work.

Pretty embarrassing and unnecessary for a Merlin employee to post that, it could easily of been communicated privately (if it is in response to the video)

Also surprised security didn’t pick up on the activity, there’s no reason for members of the public to be in that car park when the theme park is closed.

Pretty embarrassing and unnecessary for a Merlin employee to post that, it could easily of been communicated privately (if it is in response to the video)

Also surprised security didn’t pick up on the activity, there’s no reason for members of the public to be in that car park when the theme park is closed.

There are public rights of way that pass through that area, they can’t actually stop people.

Plus the hotels are open and security (nor likely Towers management) care about some videos of Nemesis testing appearing on YouTube.

Have you all had a boring Sunday or something?

When I finished work this evening and I saw this thread pop up a few times, I thought something decent and important had happened in regard to Nemesis. Like the red water was back or something.

Then I clicked on the thread and found 2 pages of unrelated stuff that looks like something from some tacky red top gossip magazine.

Have you all had a boring Sunday or something?

When I finished work this evening and I saw this thread pop up a few times, I thought something decent and important had happened in regard to Nemesis. Like the red water was back or something.

Then I clicked on the thread and found 2 pages of unrelated stuff that looks like something from some tacky red top gossip magazine.
Anyone got a drone to check if the red water’s back?

Incredible that a company the size of Merlin doesn't have more robust attraction design in place really. You'd think with all the experience they must have across all their parks they could get some knowledgeable people from operations and maintenance together in the early stages of design to ensure potential pitfalls are avoided.

These days it seems like basic things such as "will this be able to operate at sufficient capacity" are overlooked, or otherwise ops are hampered by design errors (looking at you Chessington...)

The irony of a Merlin employee complaining fans don’t respect their art when they let their own art rot and decay for years after opening.
what do you mean, art should be able to age and just like a living being, not to be statically preserved but constantly altered and changed by its environment

what am i talking about, most of this ''art'' has been improved by the public over the years with questionable drawings of certain objects

Lot to be said for not being involved in theme park Twitter.

Wouldn't be the first time Sanbrooke has thrown his toys out for not being invited to a media thing. Burton also seems to be quite up himself (probably down to being revered as the reincarnation of Wardley in some circles) at times.

Everyone sucks here.

The desperation of such sites to be the EXCLUSIVE news breakers of such things. Just wait till Hyperia starts testing and Monks Walk is teeming with vloggers desperate to upload first.

I think Mr Burton needs to remember that people have always found a way to get a glimpse at the latest attractions. I used to stand in a field up on a hill that had a great view in to X-Sector and used a camera with a half-decent zoom to get pictures of The Smiler going up! And the construction of Epic Universe has been detailed from the air since day one, Universal seemingly love it!

As for Nemesis and the question of whether it will be ready for opening day. Considering how long they've had for this project, it would be bitterly disappointing if it was not open on time (bar some unexpected gremlin during testing). There are still 6 weeks to go, plenty of time to get things finished off.

Goodness, and I thought we were bad for moaning about black shipping containers. You should see some of those replies on Twitter!

Monks walk updaters... your next 👀

But back onto topic. There seems to be alot of work that needs doing still. Im starting to think a march open day is a stretch?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.