• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Monks walk updaters... your next šŸ‘€

But back onto topic. There seems to be alot of work that needs doing still. Im starting to think a march open day is a stretch?
I share the concern, but really thinking about it there's a fair chance that a lot of the remaining additions could be prefabricated off site and installed in a matter of hours. I'm sure Towers would want to avoid the significant backlash they'd get if it was shut on opening day, so I'd expect an announcement either way over the next few weeks.

Better be ready for opening day or Wardley forbid people heading to Galactica will glimpse an unfinished masterpiece šŸ™„
Seriously though, I donā€™t think there is that much left to do - at least with the ride itself. Itā€™s testing, the queue line is getting paved. I think the scaffolding around the legs give the impression of being a long way off, but thatā€™s the sort of thing that can just disappear one day revealing the finished thing. Getting the shop done might be tight, but with it being removed from the main ride area, thereā€™s no need to delay the opening of Nemesis just for that.

Monks walk updaters... your next šŸ‘€

But back onto topic. There seems to be alot of work that needs doing still. Im starting to think a march open day is a stretch?

Iā€™m not too worried yet, for the monster there is the tail and the eye to add, the tail is ready to go on as itā€™s been stored nearby.

I think as it stands they look on track.

Back in 94 Nemesis was originally opened by some of the Gladiators. Surely itā€™s fate that Gladiators is now back on the telly the same year Nemesis is reopening?

Alton are seemingly embracing nostalgia this year with the whole Nemesis Reborn thing. The video they released last week even alludes to the return of the Graham Smart Towers Street music.

Iā€™m hoping ATā€™s marketing team go all in and get some of the cast of the new Gladiators for opening day. Really help this thing go full circle. Seems like the perfect opportunity.

To be fair, the thematic design on Nemesis Reborn can be credited to John Burton and his team at Merlin Magic Making. The old style theming from OG Nemesis is no more.
Had the theme been changed surely?

It looks aesthetically different of course, but the main ā€œthemeā€ remains the same unless I am missing something here?

Back in 94 Nemesis was originally opened by some of the Gladiators. Surely itā€™s fate that Gladiators is now back on the telly the same year Nemesis is reopening?

Alton are seemingly embracing nostalgia this year with the whole Nemesis Reborn thing. The video they released last week even alludes to the return of the Graham Smart Towers Street music.

Iā€™m hoping ATā€™s marketing team go all in and get some of the cast of the new Gladiators for opening day. Really help this thing go full circle. Seems like the perfect opportunity.
Has @Log Flume's Dennis changed his profile name?

Mind you, The Gladiators relationship to Nemesis is far more on topic and interesting than gossiping about potentially bitchy social media posts.

At least I have Phantom vs Apollo flighting with giant cotton buds in front of Forbidden Claw in my head right now, as opposed to the image of John Burton and Shawn Sandbrook hitting each other with handbag's on the front of Take A Break magazine.

The bottom line is if Burton et all wanted this kept a secret then why not release a statement around the time the season ended politely asking enthusiasts not to fly drones over the site!

Of course some would ignore them but the larger fan media, eg TPWW would almost certainly respect it and it would prevent this from becoming an issue.

The bottom line is the parks are more than happy to indulge these channels when it suits, sending them all invites to early access events for construction etc, and now jump on them for doing what theyā€™ve been doing most of the time and trying to get content for their channels - you canā€™t have it both ways; or rather, you probably can, but you need to be specific about what it is that you want.

ā€˜Please note that the creative team at Alton Towers are working really hard on Nemesis:Reborn and canā€™t wait to share it with you in 2024, however we really want the first time you see it to be a surprise so we kindly ask that you do not share footage of the construction site without the parkā€™s permissionā€™

The above, youā€™d think would suffice to deter most of the fan channels from sharing anything - theyā€™d then have carte blanche to release inflammatory posts about anyone who did ignore it.

What this smacks of is the parks/creatives loving the free advertisement which they get, until they take it a step further than they would have wanted by doing something which infringes no laws. Just seems a little harsh to me.

To be fair, if I was in control of a theme park and a big vlogger released something that was a bit dodgy, I would just ban them from filming on site in future. Then if they continued I would just ban them completely from attending. However, in reality, they will probably give them an exclusive interview or backstage access which only serves to encourage future unwanted 'leaking' incidents as there is no deterrent, apart from a few words on Twitter.

The bottom line is if Burton et all wanted this kept a secret then why not release a statement around the time the season ended politely asking enthusiasts not to fly drones over the site!

Of course some would ignore them but the larger fan media, eg TPWW would almost certainly respect it and it would prevent this from becoming an issue.

The bottom line is the parks are more than happy to indulge these channels when it suits, sending them all invites to early access events for construction etc, and now jump on them for doing what theyā€™ve been doing most of the time and trying to get content for their channels - you canā€™t have it both ways; or rather, you probably can, but you need to be specific about what it is that you want.

ā€˜Please note that the creative team at Alton Towers are working really hard on Nemesis:Reborn and canā€™t wait to share it with you in 2024, however we really want the first time you see it to be a surprise so we kindly ask that you do not share footage of the construction site without the parkā€™s permissionā€™

The above, youā€™d think would suffice to deter most of the fan channels from sharing anything - theyā€™d then have carte blanche to release inflammatory posts about anyone who did ignore it.

What this smacks of is the parks/creatives loving the free advertisement which they get, until they take it a step further than they would have wanted by doing something which infringes no laws. Just seems a little harsh to me.
Merlin aren't the biggest fans of drones flying over their property, unless permission has been properly sought in advance. Although we don't know if TPWW have a drone license, safety is one of their legitimate concerns should a drone crash, as well as keeping thematic details a secret.

Shame itā€™s on the Beeb which would inhibit advertising potential.

Hypothetically, Merlin should have been all over the production team to sponsor one of the Gladiators and name them ā€˜Nemesisā€™ if it was on ITV.

I watched the TPW video before I saw John Burtonā€™s tweet and the subsequent online pile on, and I didnā€™t come away from it thinking heā€™d revealed any major secrets. There was some markings on the floor and some half built/half demolished structures.

I think if he got his drone out and did the same video the day before opening, when in theory everything is finished itā€™d be really poor on his behalf, but the in person experience would still be completely different to a birds eye view from a drone 100m in the air.

If anything itā€™s increased the anticipation to see the final product!

Quite intrigued by the big holes in the floor where the gun/drill used to be. Iā€™ll admit I know nothing about technical stuff like groundwork/foundations but they look like big holes. Foundations for something fairly substantial?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.