• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Thorpe will want the ride open to the public as soon as possible, it’s not in their interests (apart from staff satisfaction!) to have it operating exclusively for staff. The only logical explanation is that human testing is a necessary part of the process.

Would be a bit annoying if you’re on park today, but in reality it’s no different to all the other visitors in the past two weeks, except the ride is further along it’s process to reopening now.

Bit savage to announce during the day that it's reopening tomorrow, the people there today must be quite annoyed. Unless of course they plan on soft opening it at the end of today.

Should've waited until after ride close to make the announcement really so as to not cause complaints from those there today that have already seen it running with staff on.

I can't see a 5hr queue line lasting that long when dust settles. Opening day maybe, but the majority of people wouldn't queue that long! I don't even think I'd queue that long

Bit savage to announce during the day that it's reopening tomorrow, the people there today must be quite annoyed. Unless of course they plan on soft opening it at the end of today.

Should've waited until after ride close to make the announcement really so as to not cause complaints from those there today that have already seen it running with staff on
But it's not open today, it was never planned too, today is another day of testing. It's opening tommorow.

I can't see a 5hr queue line lasting that long when dust settles. Opening day maybe, but the majority of people wouldn't queue that long! I don't even think I'd queue that long
I queued for less than 2h30 on opening day, so even if it does reach 5+ hours again, it'd likely only be if you joined in the morning.

But it's not open today, it was never planned too, today is another day of testing. It's opening tommorow.
If they're still testing, how can they be sure it will be open tomorrow 😉

It makes sense for staff to ride - as said, if there's any issue there are no complaints, no bad PR, etc. And it helps that they are insured 😁

If they're still testing, how can they be sure it will be open tomorrow 😉

It makes sense for staff to ride - as said, if there's any issue there are no complaints, no bad PR, etc. And it helps that they are insured 😁

Plus if anyone gets launched over the M25 they can argue there’s implied consent by virtue of their employment contract.

Because the testing has been successful, therefore they now know it can open tomorrow.
What? They didn't test it last time 😉 Just pulling your leg. I'm only 30 mins from TP so will be checking out the wait times. Not just for Hyperia, because if everyone is queuing there I can ride Swarm/Stealth/Nemesis all day long.

What? They didn't test it last time 😉 Just pulling your leg. I'm only 30 mins from TP so will be checking out the wait times. Not just for Hyperia, because if everyone is queuing there I can ride Swarm/Stealth/Nemesis all day long.
The joyous Sunday mornings on the Beach in the mid to late nineties.
One to two hour queue for the Big One, every other ride on the park walk on for about two hours.
Fill your boots mate.

Right then... Here we go!
Expectations.... horrendous queues to get in, and 5hr + queues for the ride.. what's my best bet.on Saturday..tan the park and do Hyperia last thing? Or slug it out early doors..
I’d say get in the queue for it as soon as you enter the park. Imagine how gutted you’d be if you left it to last thing and then it happened to go down for some reason and you didn’t get a chance to ride it.

Last edited:
Looking at that video of it testing

I’d say get in the queue for it as soon as you enter the park. Imagine how gutted you’d be if you left it to last thing and then it happened to go down for some reason and you didn’t get a chance to ride it.
I'm a pass holder so probably back in Sept or October. Didn't the park offer free fast tracks for those that had to cancel? That might be felt this weekend if the park made it valid for the dates.