• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

And somehow still having 80 minute queues.

Even so. The need for these was when weather was nice. Not in miserable autumn.

Every thoosie in the uk will be heading to Thorpe in the next few weeks with the little snot gobblers back at school.
Do you think the water going in only after the school holidays was a commercial decision to flog more soft drinks in the nice hot summer.
Timing seems rather coincidental...

Finally rode it. In the rain.

It's good, great even. But the finale is just weak sauce unfortunately.

Compared to say, Untamed with its airtime hill nonsense or Nemmie's final corkscrew. The overbanked turn right after the trims kills the momentum and general WOW style it has from the off. Leaves you wanting more and not in the positive fashion.

First drop is top tier though. Even middle of train it's some obscene airtime.

Is certainly the best ride in park now. But doesn't hit my top 10 at all because it feels half complete. And the area is absolutely dreadful too.

Finally rode it. In the rain.

It's good, great even. But the finale is just weak sauce unfortunately.

Compared to say, Untamed with its airtime hill nonsense or Nemmie's final corkscrew. The overbanked turn right after the trims kills the momentum and general WOW style it has from the off. Leaves you wanting more and not in the positive fashion.

First drop is top tier though. Even middle of train it's some obscene airtime.

Is certainly the best ride in park now. But doesn't hit my top 10 at all because it feels half complete. And the area is absolutely dreadful too.
See controversially I enjoyed the wave turn after the trims more than the stall dive loop, albeit I had row 7 and 10, so the airtime was obscene and the laterals as the track switches to the right were great.

Also to those who are more seasoned riders with more credits - how would you guys compare/rank hyperia’s first drop compared to other rides you’ve experienced?

Also to those who are more seasoned riders with more credits - how would you guys compare/rank hyperia’s first drop compared to other rides you’ve experienced?
I’m not sure how seasoned you call “seasoned” (I’ve ridden 124 coasters), but for me, Hyperia’s first drop is one of the strongest I’ve ridden alongside Mako and Iron Gwazi.

See controversially I enjoyed the wave turn after the trims more than the stall dive loop, albeit I had row 7 and 10, so the airtime was obscene and the laterals as the track switches to the right were great.

Personally I think the first drop on Hyperion at Energylandia is way better. I like the classic combo of a big first drop in to a good airtime hill (Shambhala also does this well), so I felt that Hyperia's first drop was pretty forceful but instead of curving around under itself I wished it could have just lifted me straight back up again and made the most of the first drop's height and speed. It's an interesting drop but for me it's not necessarily one of my favourites. I also enjoyed Zadra's more as well as after the drop it almost feels out of control.

Last edited:
…and it works.

Presumably.
We used it on Wednesday without any problem. It's also, uncharacteristically, quick. Usually these pumps make you wait for an absolute age at a Merlin park. I guess they realised they couldn't quite get away with it. I think it's been there for a few weeks now.

It does make me wonder if water pumps were supposed to be in the Nemesis Reborn queue line too, there's a similar reserved area where they could fit.

Second time round weirdly far more intense sitting 2 rows forwards.

Unless it's a train thing.
Did you find it rough at all? I’m trying to gauge why some people get headaches and others don’t. Just feels odd.

Did you find it rough at all? I’m trying to gauge why some people get headaches and others don’t. Just feels odd.
When riding on front or back row, I haven't noticed any rumblings or shakes or roughness. On Wednesday I did end up with a mid train seat, first time actually, and it was a little juddery. Nothing which caused a headache though.