• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Realistically this project in my eyes is now quite late going vertical, Saw was vertical i think early summer 2008, it also is better advertising on park to get people talking about it than posters etc, so word of mouth amongst the target market (outside of enthusiast groups) will be less at this point,

Last edited:
Realistically this project in my eyes is now quite late going vertical, Saw was vertical i think early summer 2028, it also is better advertising on park to get people talking about it than posters etc, so word of mouth amongst the target market (outside of enthusiast groups) will be less at this point,
Not sure it will go vertical in five years time!

It's good they built an access track on the island behind the swarm for the ride track. I wonder if this will stay after construction as tha island is the next logical location for a major coaster

Supports for exodus have been moved to the back of the site, my bet would be it goes vertical tomorrow.

exoduspreparestogovirtualtake2-06.jpg

exoduspreparestogovirtualtake2-19.jpg

Foundations for the first curve out of the station is also complete.

exoduspreparestogovirtualtake2-34.jpg

There was lots of talk about Icarus at one stage, but there was also talk about Horus more recently, so I’m undecided…

There was lots of talk about Icarus at one stage, but there was also talk about Horus more recently, so I’m undecided…
Icarus is Greek though, so wouldn't fit the supposed Egyptian theme. Horus is more likely in my opinion.

Icarus and Hyperia were trademarked, and while Icarus would be a good name, Egyptian theme has long been rumoured and alluded to by the project name and posters in trailers and Icarus is Greek, not Egyptian. So with that in mind, and the symbol on the building in the plans looking like a bird, my guess would be Horus.

Ashens: The Ride

The vehicles will be brown sofas and the station dispatch will be his intro. On the way, onboard audio will mention that the sofa has had such horror spilt on it over the years it has become sentient and he needs your help to quell it's uprising

Icarus and Hyperia were trademarked, and while Icarus would be a good name, Egyptian theme has long been rumoured and alluded to by the project name and posters in trailers and Icarus is Greek, not Egyptian. So with that in mind, and the symbol on the building in the plans looking like a bird, my guess would be Horus.
Has Horus been trademarked ? They wouldn’t announce a name without it being protected from a legal stand point