• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

I still just like Exodus, I’d rather have that than Icarus or Horus as it has a nice epic feel to it.
Exodus wouldn't really make sense as the name for such a ride unless it is a story lead attraction with lots of theming to go with it. I don't think that is going to be the case with this though. Horus being Egyptian god of the sky would be the obvious choice if it is Egyptian themed. Icarus would also work, if they went with Greek theme, as Icarus flew into the sky, got too close to the sun and fell back to the ground because his wings melted, that would suit that first drop.

As for Horus being trademarked yet, i'm not sure. Worth noting that The Swarm trademark was registered in January 2012, i'm sure that was announced before then though.

Last edited:
Exodus wouldn't really make sense as the name for such a ride unless it is a story lead attraction with lots of theming to go with it.

Does it need to make “sense” though? It sounds really cool and implies some kind of journey or flight. And of course this is in the same park as a not very quiet or discreet hydraulic launched coaster called “Stealth”.

Does it need to make “sense” though? It sounds really cool and implies some kind of journey or flight. And of course this is in the same park as a not very quiet or discreet hydraulic launched coaster called “Stealth”.
Good point, although I think Merlin Magic Making are a bit more creative these days.

I'm suprised no one has made a petty joke about it being called 'Brakerun: the ride after all this time...

I don't think that it would be called Icarus because of reasons already pointed out.
Exodus is a pretty good name, but there would definitely need to be some storyline if that name is going to work.
Personally, I think that Horus makes the most sense.

@AT86 I was meaning as a joke as the jokes being made today not on past posts from weeks before.

Hate it when a joke goes over people's heads...

Out of interest, why is it that an Egyptian theme is so strongly presumed?

Personally, I see little indicating an Egyptian theme over any other kind of theme besides maybe the gold colour scheme.

Out of interest, why is it that an Egyptian theme is so strongly presumed?

Personally, I see little indicating an Egyptian theme over any other kind of theme besides maybe the gold colour scheme.
I think the prototype images in the planning that showed what looked to be hieroglyphics and 'Papyrus white' being a colour, along with Tutus Revenge in trailers sparked the initial speculation.

With the bird totem being left at the site, the bird shaped signage in the planning and what sounds like a bird call in the first Exodus promo video - I'm leaning into Horus these days 😂 Especially as he was the God of the Sky!

If we're going to go down the trademark route, then Merlin do have a trademark for this little guy hanging around doing nothing. Susty: The Ride.

Seriously though, there won't be a trademark under Merlin's own name yet. It'll be registered and belong to a shell company for now, or a company which will have done the application on behalf of Merlin, and they'll transfer ownership after reveal. Used to work for a company that used to do this for Apple all of the time. I once got very excited about iBeacons.

If we're going to go down the trademark route, then Merlin do have a trademark for this little guy hanging around doing nothing. Susty: The Ride.

Seriously though, there won't be a trademark under Merlin's own name yet. It'll be registered and belong to a shell company for now, or a company which will have done the application on behalf of Merlin, and they'll transfer ownership after reveal. Used to work for a company that used to do this for Apple all of the time. I once got very excited about iBeacons.
A company has registered the following trademarks;

Hyperia & Icarus, it’s a company called Vista Maxima services ltd, under the same lawyers as Merlin, and the only trademarks they have are them two names, with the same categories as the Merlin ones.. except Icarus has been withdrawn