• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

It should go up far quicker than Nemesis really as it’s a large open empty site, compared to nemesis which had to go around the current buildings, bridges and infrastructure. And even Nemesis track construction was fairly quick.

Icon took about 10 weeks (early December to mid February) but that involved a lot more track and was a much more complicated build process what with them having to build it without accidentally trapping all the work vehicles on the site.

Icon took about 10 weeks (early December to mid February) but that involved a lot more track and was a much more complicated build process what with them having to build it without accidentally trapping all the work vehicles on the site.
Took then ten months to get the footers in the right place though!

Same park that has very much improved operations in recent years and puts on a cracking Halloween event.

Same park that has possibly the worst arrival experience of any park with grim ‘temporary’ cattle pen barriers and waits of up to an hour just to get in.

Same park that has an entrance area (The Dome) with all the atmospheric sophistication of a council run leisure centre from 1998.

Same park that has numerous rides in a dire state that have no place being in a major theme park looking that awful. Including Colossus, Nemesis Inferno, Rush and Rapids.

Same park that leaves closed rides sat rotting for years meaning guests have to queue literally next to abandoned old rides to experience the new ones.

Same park that has huge issues with guest anti social behaviour up to and including a stabbing in the park.

A shiny new coaster ain’t gonna fix any of that.

Took a trip down monks walk this evening, saw two bits of track get lifted in! Very exciting times. In true Mack fashion, their not sitting around..

hyperia-october10th2023-30.jpg

hyperia-october10th2023-34.jpg

It seems the updates on Facebook on their social media channels are a few supports behind ;)

hyperia-october10th2023-39.jpg

Credit to myself I guess?

The notification thing forgot to remind me so I’m a bit late and going to throw in my tuppence.
Just a reminder, the last decade Thorpe has been failing to bring an all year scare maze to the resort. Derren brown, I’m a celebrity, black mirror labyrinth. It feels so weird to have something that actually changes the park, it’s been at a standstill for 11 years.

And the name!
You’ll like it
Eventually

Shame it had a kick ass project name, maybe stick to numbers and letters next time. Oh and can anyone check if Pizza Hut has a pizza called “Icarus”? Might give us some clarity

After this project is complete I hope they spend some money on the entrance to the park and update it. It's a huge eyesore and not fit for purpose.

I suppose as it's mainly teenagers as their TO though they don't care. Most teens will put up with that kind of stuff so long as the rides are good.

After this project is complete I hope they spend some money on the entrance to the park and update it. It's a huge eyesore and not fit for purpose.

I suppose as it's mainly teenagers as their TO though they don't care. Most teens will put up with that kind of stuff so long as the rides are good.
It does need an overhaul certainly. Perhaps they could go for "Service Station Chic" à la Paultons?

IMG_20231007_115003.jpg