• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Well, the structure got tall today!

It's made to think this is only half the height of the rollercoaster.

The view across the lake already looks so different

hyperia-october17th2023-01.jpg

The view from walking out the dome near rush is very cool!

hyperia-october17th2023-07.jpg

The station is merlin back coloured ;)

hyperia-october17th2023-18.jpg

The tower for the inversion is a very cool sight!

hyperia-october17th2023-30.jpg

Close up of the top of the tower

hyperia-october17th2023-37.jpg

More photos for the curious

I think that shot of Hyperia from near Colossus proves that it will truly redefine the skyline on that side of the park. It’s not until you see it getting built that it really puts into perspective quite how massive it is!

The supports for the outerbanked turn appear to be around the height of Saw (100ft) at the moment. When it’s complete, that element will be 165ft tall, so add another 65% of the height on top of the existing support and that is how tall that element will be. The ride as a whole will top out at 236ft tall, so effectively double the height of that support and add another third on top to get the full height of the ride.

When thinking of it like that, it does make me realise that this thing really will look enormous!

Seem some photos floating around on twitter of the structure being added to today. I wonder how long it will be till track is added to it?

Took some photos the other day, after a few days of waiting for them to be approved by the park. I can post some of them :)

I can't get over how much track and supports there is for this ride!
hyperiamegaupdate-60_4.jpg

Love this shot...
hyperiamegaupdate-47_4.jpg

No guesses for how heavy this bit of track weighs... 7462kg wouldn't want to drop that on my foot!

hyperiamegaupdate-43_4.jpg

My German isn't very good but im gonna guess this says "This way"

hyperiamegaupdate-20_4.jpg

Again if anyone wants to see more of them. (Lots of white and gold bits of metal)

what a stupid decision it was changing it from a faded transition to a harsh line transition. specially has the gold only goes a quarter of the way up. Its like someone pressed the wrong order button and couldn't get a refund

I think that shot of Hyperia from near Colossus proves that it will truly redefine the skyline on that side of the park.

Didn't the planning documents a long time ago prove that?! 🤗. Playing devil's advocate here, apologies.

I totally get it though, seeing something on paper is very different to seeing it in the flesh. The thing is going to look big. Not just for that side of the park, but for miles around.

I think the biggest question for me now. Is can Merlin / Thorpe, operate this beast to the capability it can be run at. When you buy the premium hardware, you not only get superior quality, smoothness, safery and reliability. You also get the capability to run these machines flat out, all the time non stop. Providing your staff are upto the task of course.

Took some photos the other day, after a few days of waiting for them to be approved by the park. I can post some of them :)

My German isn't very good but im gonna guess this says "This way"

hyperiamegaupdate-20_4.jpg

Again if anyone wants to see more of them. (Lots of white and gold bits of metal)

Oben schienen is “above rails” can’t make out what they end of it says though.

Is this the highest point/total height for the supports?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For these specific supports, or the the ride in general?

I believe these specific supports are at their intended height of 165ft versus the highest that the coaster will have at 236ft.

Yeah the tower currently stands at 165ft!

Its starting to get exciting. More track has been placed since the annual pass group photos where taken.

hyperia19thoctober-48.jpg

The tower looks good now. Looks like there done adding supports and mounts to it now too.

Excuse the dark gloomy sky...

hyperia19thoctober-42.jpg

Looks like the station building is done as well.
hyperia19thoctober-36.jpg

Couldnt get any photo from within the park but it looks like they've added barbwire to the monks walk fences now too.