• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

For me, it’s a balance of positives and negative G forces. the new generation Mack and intamins, like velocicoaster, fling you out of your seat and push you back in. Controversial, but to me your out and back B&M can be quite boring. Just airtime, and no other elements other than up down, and an occasional turnaround.
It’s a balance, and hyperia looks to deliver. I haven’t been on it though.
Agree with this. It’s like when you compare B&M Dive Machines to Infinity Coasters etc. B&Ms served there purpose at the time but tech has changed and rather than drop/immelmann/stengel dive/zero g roll, you get all sorts of different elements for your money. Including incorporating inversions into hyper coasters. I would say Hyperia is more dive coaster than a B&M Dive Machine.

If the trains are 2 across most sensible batchers will group groups of 3 together rather than take from single rider unfortunately.

Is that an official post from Thorpe's media team? As some of the spelling & grammar is terrible.

If the trains are 2 across most sensible batchers will group groups of 3 together rather than take from single rider unfortunately.

Is that an official post from Thorpe's media team? As some of the spelling & grammar is terrible.
The post starts with 'Thank you to Thorpe Park for this update' and doesn't match the wording in their passholer group - so I'd say no.

According to JoshC from CoasterForce, who attended the behind-the-scenes tour today, a few more facts were confirmed:
  • The trains are arriving on site this week.
  • The exterior of the station building is complete, and there will be a dispatch sequence in the station.
  • There will not be on-board audio, but there will be “zonal audio” placed around the track. My thought is that this is hinting towards audio up the lift hill or similar.
  • There will be a backstory. Josh could not reveal what it is, but it is apparently “simple”, and it is unknown whether it will be conveyed within the area and queue or whether it is simply “lore”.
  • The viewing area was cut due to the later realisation that it would need a lot of fencing. This was thought to distract from the wider area and view.
  • The on-ride photo will either be taken at the bottom of the first drop or before the splash effect.
  • Hyperia was approved by the old Merlin executive board, headed by Nick Varney et al, with early thoughts coming together in April 2020. This means that many aspects of the project were already set in stone prior to the arrival of the new Merlin management team. It was suggested that some aspects of the project would be different had it been a “new Merlin” project.
Source: https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...yper-coaster-2024.45090/page-144#post-1169046

I wonder if all the queues will merge so everyone has the opportunity for this.
Ride access pass will have the back row or 2 designated for them I'm pretty sure but we'll see what happens.
Atleast with club 236 they were reserving the back row for rap users.

Also as hyperia has single rider I'd imagine they'll be assigning seats, if so hopefully they won't be super uptight about seat requests like Alton towers often are.

According to JoshC from CoasterForce, who attended the behind-the-scenes tour today, a few more facts were confirmed:
  • The trains are arriving on site this week.
Interesting as lift hills & thrills mentioned that trains would be on site in two weeks. Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things but I wonder who misheard!?

Also anyone else find it strange how they’re spending in excess of £15k per day to rent the crane and they haven’t fitted the last 2 little supports and catwalks?

Interesting as lift hills & thrills mentioned that trains would be on site in two weeks. Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things but I wonder who misheard!?

Also anyone else find it strange how they’re spending in excess of £15k per day to rent the crane and they haven’t fitted the last 2 little supports and catwalks?
Perhaps the crane was block booked for a number of days...often works out cheaper than a daily rate on large machinery.