• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

I’m doing a series of posts on LinkedIn about theme parks that were planned for the UK but were never built. When I was a kid I saved a lot of webpages that I found interesting, so I have quite a lot of stuff about rides and parks that were announced but never built.

I’ve just posted about the one planned for the end of Southend Pier.
https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/18853326.remember-50m-plan-build-worlds-biggest-rollercoaster-water-end-southend-pier/

The main attraction, The Swine, was going to be a 246ft tall roller coaster with 9 inversions. It would have basically been a taller and longer version of Hyperia built over water. Although the biggest difference between the two, is that one is actually getting built.

Guess who got bored and went to monks walk... me :)

The brake run is now complete, it got installed Friday afternoon and over the past two days the cat walk has been installed.

Looks very pretty in person can't wait to ride it.

hyperia19thnovember2023-16.jpg

hyperia19thnovember2023-29.jpg

hyperia19thnovember2023-49.jpg

The connections on the two sections of track in the station is different to anything ive seen before?

hyperia19thnovember2023-67.jpg

70 photos of lumps of metal at the normal place

Last edited:
taylor swift iheartradio music awards 2019 GIF by iHeartRadio

Its me.. I'm the poster it's me! Anyway...

The tower for the inversion and loop supports has started. It's hard to get good photos of it but... here we go :)

My camera lens is currently broken too so that doesn't help.

hyperia22ndnovember2023-36.jpg

hyperia22ndnovember2023-21.jpg

Supports waiting to be installed for something else

hyperia22ndnovember2023-42.jpg

then... this! I dunno what this is gonna be for but... metal!! Woo

hyperia22ndnovember2023-37.jpg