• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

I'm not a tank expert either, but I'm 100% sure that discussion about them in here is off topic ;)

In addition, while it's nice to see lengthy posts, can we try and strike a balance and keep them at least relatively concise to ensure they're accessible for all?

That said, I'd also remind others that if they're not willing to respond to a poster's points to simply scroll on past the post. Replying in a topic that a post is too long etc isn't adding to discussion. For anything you think shouldn't be there, hit that report button :)

Are we any closer to seeing a car on the track yet? surely they need to be cracking on with testing with the opening date now creeping closer!
I'm not sure if this is worth mentioning but... the transfer track has just started testing which could mean trains on track imminent? There are rumours (currently unsubstantiated) that trains have been on site for a little while! Hopefully this will be the week as I'm a little worried about a delayed opening at present 😂

I wouldn't worry too much yet, I remember on the planning documents there was some guidelines that stated they needed a minimum of 27.5 days testing and we still have 48 days to go but they do really need to start soon because who knows how testing will go.

How's the landscaping and queue lines coming along though I haven't really watched an update or been around monks walk since vertical construction was complete and it was still a mud bath then.

Interesting as lift hills & thrills mentioned that trains would be on site in two weeks. Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things but I wonder who misheard!?

Also anyone else find it strange how they’re spending in excess of £15k per day to rent the crane and they haven’t fitted the last 2 little supports and catwalks?
Russ confirmed at the Thorpe VIP event they'd be on-site within 2-3 weeks. Sadly, that hasn't happened. Someone who is opping the ride said the trains aren't even together yet... Russ did confirm the advert for the ride was already shot so assuming they maybe use a dummy train for that, similar to Voltron?

I don’t understand how they’ve been able to give a firm date on when this ride is going to open when testing hasn’t even begun yet and anything could happen with that!

How can they be so confident? Obviously Legoland had to push their coaster back by a week but this would be a major screw up if they can’t get this open on time.

I don’t understand how they’ve been able to give a firm date on when this ride is going to open when testing hasn’t even begun yet and anything could happen with that!

How can they be so confident? Obviously Legoland had to push their coaster back by a week but this would be a major screw up if they can’t get this open on time.
Opening date doesn’t mean anything. Just look at Smiler

I’m going to say Mack are pretty confident with regards to the ride hardware etc

Merlin on the other hand are well known for rushed and unfinished.