• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Gerstlauer built Karnan which is one of the best coasters in Europe how can it not be a good manufactureršŸ˜‚
One or two good installations doesnā€™t make them a good manufacturer. I adore Intamin to bits for instance, but some of the stuff they build really make you question what on earth those Lietchensteinian madmen are doing.

Iā€™m no Mack fanboy, but as far as manufacturers go I donā€™t think thereā€™s anyone that produces rides to the quality they do. Except maybe B&M of old.

One or two good installations doesnā€™t make them a good manufacturer. I adore Intamin to bits for instance, but some of the stuff they build really make you question what on earth those Lietchensteinian madmen are doing.

Iā€™m no Mack fanboy, but as far as manufacturers go I donā€™t think thereā€™s anyone that produces rides to the quality they do. Except maybe B&M of old.

RES are up there too.

If it's like Minfig Speedway, all the hardware will be good but everything else will be horrid.

Gerstlauer built Karnan which is one of the best coasters in Europe how can it not be a good manufactureršŸ˜‚
Harland and Wolff built Titanicā€¦ whatā€™s your point?

My point is that Smilers installation was a mess, generally this manufacturer has a reputation for shoddy equipment.

Mack are known as one of the best manufacturers is the world.

Anyone else think that might be a bit too much? That first drop looks a bit ridiculous
It looks amazing until you consider that you'll be back in the station only a few seconds later. All that energy from gravity, wasted.

It's clearly been designed around the USP. The layout looks fantastic, all 30 seconds of it anyway, but it's just half a layout. The irony is that Saw is a mere fraction of the size, but will offer a longer ride time.

You wanna design it next time then?

Saying a ride is short on a discussion forum is perfectly appropriate when it is a short ride, and does not imply that the poster was suggesting they needed to design the ride themselves.

Hyperia is short, very short, itā€™s basically half a roller coaster for the size of it. Now that might not be an issue once we have ridden it as it isnā€™t with Oblivion but itā€™s still a perfectly reasonable point to make.

Saying a ride is short on a discussion forum is perfectly appropriate when it is a short ride, and does not imply that the poster was suggesting they needed to design the ride themselves.

Hyperia is short, very short, itā€™s basically half a roller coaster for the size of it. Now that might not be an issue once we have ridden it as it isnā€™t with Oblivion but itā€™s still a perfectly reasonable point to make.
It literally fills the space itā€™s in how could they make it longer

It literally fills the space itā€™s in how could they make it longer

It really doesnā€™t, there are plenty of options for getting more ride into that space. Just look at your personal favourite The Smiler. That fits a ton of track into a far smaller space.

Itā€™s short because they wanted the UK record but didnā€™t want to spend a lot of money.

At the very least would it not have been easier and no more anticlimactic if instead of the splashdown they had one final big element and incorporate the brakes into it, along the lines of Full Throttle? At least that way it goes out on a high instead of just slowing down into a small turnaround.