• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Utterly awful.

What is the logic for the high fences anyway? Will they be covered over like the Smiler cages?
Further stills from Jack's Vlog! This section is covered with netting but he does reference that this has been a priority to finish due to its close proximity to Hyperia itself; it seems they'd struggle to work on it during testing! I'm wondering if queue line outside of these ride areas may feel more open? He does directly refer to it being 'like the smiler' but does so in a positive way (talking about the views and interaction with the ride).
Screenshot_20240410-201814_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20240410-201739_YouTube.jpg

Ridiculous, ugly, unnecessary, badly designed queue line?

There will only ever be one Merlin.

Ruined the fencing around KC, farcical extra fencing around galactica, warehouse fencing installed around Reborn, the pathetic additions to Mandrill Mayhem and they continue the theme at Thorpe.

Universal cannot come soon enough

Make a miserable queue experience = more fast track sales.

F92BOT0XAAAJZPh.jpg

I have wheelie bin surfed (seated not standing) down my back alleyway in a flash flood.
Other people were protecting their property.
I was being the dick surf dude.

He’d find only good things to say if Merlin decided to replace Depth Charge with wheelie bin racing.

course he did lol, the guy never has any negative criticism about Thorpe park
Now, now, let's not forget that unlike other vloggers this is actually his job. He is paid by Thorpe Park to make videos about their park and the building of The Jack Silkcut: The Ride, they will have ultimate creative and editorial control. I'm struggling to think of any brand, or company, that would include negative criticism in their own promotional video.

This does demonstrate that vloggers/influencers need to make their relationships with the products, services and companies they're showcasing explicitly clear. In Jack's case, specifically, there's bound to be confusion as he's switched from a homegrown enthusiast (making videos for fun) to corporate shill, but is still using the same delivery channels. He may, at one time, have declared the switch; but if you missed it, or are just coming across him, his financial relationship with Thorpe Park isn't explicitly clear.

If a park has given you a gift, declare it. If a park is paying you, declare it. If a park has organised, or facilitated, a filming request (ride footage, behind the scenes, interviews, etc), declare it.

Now, now, let's not forget that unlike other vloggers this is actually his job. He is paid by Thorpe Park to make videos about their park and the building of The Jack Silkcut: The Ride, they will have ultimate creative and editorial control. I'm struggling to think of any brand, or company, that would include negative criticism in their own promotional video.

This does demonstrate that vloggers/influencers need to make their relationships with the products, services and companies they're showcasing explicitly clear. In Jack's case, specifically, there's bound to be confusion as he's switched from a homegrown enthusiast (making videos for fun) to corporate shill, but is still using the same delivery channels. He may, at one time, have declared the switch; but if you missed it, or are just coming across him, his financial relationship with Thorpe Park isn't explicitly clear.

If a park has given you a gift, declare it. If a park is paying you, declare it. If a park has organised, or facilitated, a filming request (ride footage, behind the scenes, interviews, etc), declare it.
It goes further than that, he has his own viseo company which is working with Thorpe.