• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Voltron Nevera | Mack Stryker Coaster

When watching vlogs I've noticed that if the ride goes down it can take the shutters a little while to sinc up again when the ride restarts, so the bounce track will operate with them fully open at least once. Not sure if there's a way to manually close them.
This was not the case for us. In the majority of our queues within the building there were no breakdowns and it still happened.

I do think it’s deliberate.

My only hope from all these positive reviews is that it’s not over hyped for future riders who may be less impressed…!

Proceed with openness…

My only hope from all these positive reviews is that it’s not over hyped for future riders who may be less impressed…!

Proceed with openness…
I wish to echo this! I am slightly worried that because all of us who have recently been think it is the dogs bollocks, those with upcoming trips may raise expectations and be slightly let down. So yes, have an open mind! It also took me a good number of rides to fully realise just how much I loved Voltron.

In other news, the first parts of the Wētā Workshop Tesla animatronic arrived at the park from New Zealand the other day:

I wish to echo this! I am slightly worried that because all of us who have recently been think it is the dogs bollocks, those with upcoming trips may raise expectations and be slightly let down. So yes, have an open mind! It also took me a good number of rides to fully realise just how much I loved Voltron.

In other news, the first parts of the Wētā Workshop Tesla animatronic arrived at the park from New Zealand the other day:

Wow, Weta Workshop? Is Nikola Tesla an orc?

This was not the case for us. In the majority of our queues within the building there were no breakdowns and it still happened.

I do think it’s deliberate.

Proceed with openness…
It is deliberate, but randomised to happen about 1 time in 10 (i think). So with all the trains on track you should see it happen about once per queue through the building.

So...this will be very short: I like the croatian area a lot - has such a nice summer holiday feel to it - and even though some of my 6 rides felt a littlebit rough I absolutely love the ride...the length of it, the superb variation of elements...and most of all the crazy intensity...especially when it´s warmed up. What an incredible way to round up Europas coaster lineup...thank you Michael, Roland, Patrick and the rest of the "crew" for bilding this :hearteyes:

Last edited:
After four rides today (frontx2 , backx2) it’s simply a masterpiece.

As I was lucky to ride Hyperia on Friday, as good as Hyperia is, Voltron is on another level.

I’ll do more detailed comments/observations later (the final ride was particularly interesting) but for now I’m reflecting on one of the most enjoyable days I had, one of the best coasters in the world and my first day ever at Europa Park, with beer and live music in Spirit of St Louis. I can see why many of you like this place so much.

I'm pretty sure that what's been said by others covers up my thoughts towards Voltron, so I won't make you all suffer through another Long Opinion™ and instead a smaller cliff notes version. (I lied, it's still long)

The ride itself hit me in a way that no other ride has done before after getting off it for the first time. The forces, speed, and unexpected oomph to the launches (we all know Mack are not known for strong launches) alongside the layout just hit all the right areas for me.
Like many others have said, there is a big difference to the ride dependant on whether you're on a wing or inner seat, and after thinking back to the rides myself and @Martin had there is definitely evidence to row 2 being the rough spots, although we did both notice differences per train.

Shout out to getting the world's longest ride on it at the end of the day- the full breakrun tour provided a great swing launch which in turn led to some truly disgusting hang time in all the right ways to only deliver us at the turntable where we had the surreal experience of two other trains joining us and waiting for something to happen. The shame was that this was the ride we had on row two, where it felt like a completely different ride than earlier in the day, but staff did leave the queue open way past park close for those affected by the breakdown to jump back on again.

What struck me though is the thoughtful way of EPs theming. Yes, there are areas where it could do with a little bit more (cough turntable & 2nd half cough), but the queue line is fantastic down to the smallest details. Every single thing has been thought through down to how every wire for every 'experiment' connects to something that makes sense, and the queue does a brilliant job in conveying the rides 'story' through visual means only. It's clear that you're going through these failed experiments of a grand concept, culminating in the final successful product. No need for looping videos to tell you what's going on hurrah!
Big up for the coil song- we only heard it once, but the entire hall went silent through the duration and it was met with a round of applause once over.

Other parks and manufacturer's need to take note in my opinion, of how the rolling station works to provide the most efficient and simple way of getting on a coaster. It never stops, you get batched through in your row, sit down with your arms crossed over your chest, restraints are down and locked, and off you go. Fantastic, but by no doubts expensive. (I heard over on EPFriends that a single train costs €1,000,000 so I dread to think how much the overall thing did with all the tech crammed into it.)

We did note that bar any breakdowns, once you're inside you're down to the last 20 minutes of the queue which is worth bearing in mind.

That's enough from me, just go ride it if you can, and here's some lazily edited photos.

20240512_091524.jpg20240512_100343.jpg20240512_095944.jpg20240512_091529.jpg20240513_100710.jpg20240512_100903(1).jpg20240512_093947.jpg

I’m expecting the answer to be “no” but is virtual queue open for Voltron yet?

Also…..what queue times does it seem to be getting?

I’m expecting the answer to be “no” but is virtual queue open for Voltron yet?

Also…..what queue times does it seem to be getting?
Virtual line has been open since the ride has!

You need to be on there refreshing 9am sharp, didn't catch any myself that were of a good time- there was one I caught for 12.45 which was sadly at a point when we would have been on the way back to the airport. They go fast.

EDIT: I stand corrected, was under the impression that VL had been operating since the start!

Last edited:
Virtual line has been open since the ride has!

You need to be on there refreshing 9am sharp, didn't catch any myself that were of a good time- there was one I caught for 12.45 which was sadly at a point when we would have been on the way back to the airport. They go fast.
Virtual line was turned off for the first 2 weeks after the ride opened, but apart from that it's been running. Virtual line is extremely buggy on the android app though. So all the virtual line slots end up going to iphone users. From what i heard, the park are trying to switch developers, all because the current ones made such a mess of the android app. No idea when that will actually happen though.

Voltron definitely looks like a very good ride. I think that I would enjoy the combination of intensity and airtime which Voltron seemingly provides. The theming also looks brilliant.
I'm only a distant internet observer, but Voltron appears to be a magnificent creation. Proper full package stuff

Virtual Queue plus Parent swap makes for a very happy Annabelle!

I will do a proper review when I get home, but it is fantastic and makes the tough decision of the best ride on park between BlueFire and Wodan a thing of the past.

I have been paying close attention to the reviews for this, ahead of my own first ride in a fortnight. Aside from consistent surprise that Europa Park have installed something this relentless, I can't say I have ever seen less consistent reviews for a coaster, almost entirely based on this apparent roulette of how bumpy the ride is. I hope I don't brutalise the casuals I'm going with on our first go! Otherwise, I will report back with my own extremely unscientific data.

I went to Phantasialand a few days after going on Voltron, and I have to say, the new Mack masterpiece somehow knocked both Taron and FLY a good ten or twenty places down my rankings. Couldn't quite work out why Taron was ever in my top five – which it was for a fairly long time after it opened. And not sure why, but it was Voltron that really dampened my enthusiasm for both of those coasters.

Virtual line was turned off for the first 2 weeks after the ride opened, but apart from that it's been running. Virtual line is extremely buggy on the android app though. So all the virtual line slots end up going to iphone users. From what i heard, the park are trying to switch developers, all because the current ones made such a mess of the android app. No idea when that will actually happen though.
This explains why my partner had such success getting virtual line - I didn't manage it once the whole trip with my android phone, meanwhile my partner's iPhone managed to grab two Volteons VL slots in a single morning...

Also on the topic of avoiding brutalusing 'casuals' on Voltron - if they're not picky about seats, stick them in the middle. My partner went in the centre for every ride (her preference) and had no complaints about roughness - I could not report the same from my wing seats!

Last edited: